Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,105   Online: 1072

Images

Rodinal comparison

By a sheer coincidence I happened to take the same picture on two rolls of 35mm Tri-X rated at EI 400. One roll wound up getting developed in FG-7 1:15 in a 9% Sodium Sulfite solution for 7 Min, (which was my suggestion in the "Opposite of Rodinal" thread)., the other in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 Min.

No big surprises but I thought that since I had them, I'd post them for anyone that might have an interest. They are sections of a flatbed scan off of prints. The full neg Rodinal print can be found in the Critique gallery [Lake].

Rodinal on the Left (duh)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compare.jpg  
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Soooooo Neal....Rodinal on left????
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neal, Thanks for the post..interesting, while the grain is noticeable so is ..hmmmm! I guess what is perceived sharpness (or at least contrast) in the wire/lines. Will take a look at the print in the gallery. Now if you had just one more roll, and some X-tol to add a little Rodinal to...
    Mike C

Rambles

Interesting. Out of curiousity, could you post scans of the negs? Possibly expanded by 4x or 5x? I'm wondering what the wires look like at higher magnfication.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    By a sheer coincidence I happened to take the same picture on two rolls of 35mm Tri-X rated at EI 400. One roll wound up getting developed in FG-7 1:15 in a 9% Sodium Sulfite solution for 7 Min, (which was my suggestion in the "Opposite of Rodinal" thread)., the other in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 Min.

Rodinal on the Left (duh)
    My only comment is why would anybody use Rodinal on anything rated greater than 100 EI? It is a slow film developer and performs as it is intended to with slow speed films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    My only comment is why would anybody use Rodinal on anything rated greater than 100 EI? It is a slow film developer and performs as it is intended to with slow speed films.
    I regularly use Rodinal on films with speeds of ISO 100 and greater. Why? Because I want to.

Do I need more of a justification?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    I regularly use Rodinal on films with speeds of ISO 100 and greater. Why? Because I want to.

Do I need more of a justification?
    Not in my estimation. Nothing like a man who knows what he's doing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not in my estimation. Nothing like a man who knows what he's doing.
    ???? Are yoiu saying that I do know what I am doing? ...Or that I don't?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    ???? Are yoiu saying that I do know what I am doing? ...Or that I don't?
    NOOOOOO! Not at all. I'm saying you KNOW what you're doing. You are using a product in a manner that works for you. I'm saying you have put in the time and effort to learn the strengths and weakinesses of Riodinal and use them to YOUR advantage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm with Ed on this one as I use Rodinal for everything from 25 to 3200. Why? Because I love the Rodinal look and because I can In fact there's a couple in my gallery at the moment that were shot on Tmax P3200 souped in Rodinal 1+50.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin