Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,881   Online: 836

Shooter
    35mm RF

shipping film from EU to US

I was reading today's WSJ and noticed that dollar was gaining ground against the European currency, given the systemic problems with the EU, one
    might consider this trend to continue, I like to find out what are the film warehouses in EU that will ship internationally and carry films such as Rollei, Efke, Foma?
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    35mm
    Macodirect.de

Not sure how their shipping charges stack up though. Minimum order of fourty-two euros I believe...

~S

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think taxes, shipping and minimum orders might kill any deals, unless it is something that is not available in the US.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually the last time I priced it, macodirect was quite competitive for Aura film, even including shipment charges. However I chickened out ordering some because I'm worried about x-ray on the border. If someone was brave enough to get an overseas shipment from them, please chime in. I'm very tempted to place an order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Anikin,

I have purchased a lot of film from fotoimpex and direct from ORWO. IR and EI3200 films have formed part of my orders. All my shipments have been through Deutsche Post and Australia Post. In the four shipments I have had in the last 3 years nothing has arrived to me with fogging or other damage.

I don't know what the USPS will do upon arrival in to the US though.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some have the opposite problem of getting paper that has just been discontinued or expired and wasn't produced in great quantities - from sellers that won't ship outside of the US. Since I'm a few miles from the Efke factory, I'd return such a favor with whatever you need, it's just that their minimum production orders are increasing. Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Andy!

Thank you for reassurance. I might place an order then when I run out of my current stock of Efke film.
    Darkroom_rookie, where are you located and what are you looking for? I would be happy to re-send from US. However, I'd like to warn you that shipping costs have gone up in the last couple of years, and you may want to check carefully whether it's worth it or not. PM me, if you are looking for something...

Eugene.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    These guys do it all the time :

http://www.photostock.fr/index.cfm

Drop them an email to iron out the details but trust they're 100% reliable (and cheap).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do notice OP is after European brands and then it would make sense to order from EU. However, if "mainstream" brands are of interest, such as Kodak, Fuji, etc. then for economy I can recommend Hong Kong. A roll of Fuji Acros 120 costs HK$18 (US$2.31) over the counter and Kodak Tri-X about HK$27 per roll of 120. C-41 is in the same price range, from HK$20-30 a roll, depending on brand etc. Shipping costs to the US are probably very similar to EU-USA.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thank you all for the replies, it is still better to buy from Freestyle in US, but things are moving in the other direction, given the turmoil in the Middle East and Kodak troubles, the day when I order from France or Germany is getting closer 8-)
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin