Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,355   Online: 1139

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCALA at home?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    The Massive Development Chart has some information which might be useful.
    Please note that the times at this page are for making NEGATIVES from Scala only...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw
    What's the advantage of using SCALA in a home-brew kit then, over TMAX or DELTA 100, if positives are required? There is a big price difference between DELTA and SCALA.
    I don't understand the question. SCALA is a B&W transparency film. Just wanted to know if there was a way to process it at home, that's all. I wanted to experiment.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    But you can process it in any commercial bw slide kit, wether be it from Kodak, Foma, Tetenal or home brew based on paper developer, rhodanit, sulphuric acid, permanganate and a 50W bulb.
    Are you sure? Where are these kits? I've looked everwhere. More detailes needed.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Are you sure? Where are these kits? I've looked everwhere. More detailes needed.

Thanks, Art.
    Kodak makes a kit called the TMAX Direct Positive Developing Kit or something like that. It is designed for making positives from TMAX 100 film. I see from your location that you are in Toronto -- Henry's sells this kit. Otherwise you can order it from B&H. Foma and Tetenal make reversal kits too, but as far as I know they are not available in North America. You can also home-brew your own reversal chemistry, of which the Scala process is just a highly refined version designed to work well with that particular film.

If you are in Toronto, Toronto Image Works at Spadina and Adelaide processes Scala in-house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin