Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,805   Online: 844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Or you can watch eBay and over pay for the original stuff! Kidding aside, after Agfa shut down the original Rodinal that would pop up was going for serious coin. Then it settled back some when stuff like RO9 came out but now seems to be going up again. Go figure.
    In the Church of Rodinal it's not just the sacrament but the chalice, too, that counts.

s-as long as it's grainy-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    What's the going rate for the real deal? I've got a few 500ml plastic bottles of Rodinal and a few 17.5m 35mm rolls of APX25 I had set aside for a special day. That day still hasn't come yet. I've since moved up and moved on to larger formats... at least for now. I wouldn't mind passing it along if the price was tempting and I could ship it without problems within the US.
    It's hit and miss. No completed listings for the "real stuff" on ebay right now. I've seen it sell for as high as $40 for a 500ml bottle or as little as $15-20. My most success buying it has come from when it's part of a "clear the darkroom package of junk" that gets posted but the Rodinal is not listed but can be seen in the box or the photos. Got a real old glass bottle of the stuff that I think is from the 60's. Worked perfectly! The auction went for $5 plus $5 shipping and I got a bunch clips, reels, bulk load cassettes, spotting brushes and inks, etc.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Here's an APUG post for your own home brew.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...al-recipe.html
    Thanks. You know I saw that thread after doing a quick search on APUG, but I got lost in the technical minutia of the discussion that followed. I am going to have a look at Ancell, when I get home tonight as well as a couple of other sources. I have also copied down one of Patrick Gainer's excellent suggestions. I am planning some stand-development experiments with 35mm and 120 film. 500 ml of this stuff will go a long way mixed 1:100.

Shooter
    35mm
    According to FedEx, my 500mL bottle of Compard 09 from Freestyle will be here in three days. Can't wait to try it out. I've used D-76 in the past, and I have a bottle of Ilfosol 3 Im planning on using day after tomorrow. I'm really waiting to see the difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    No completed listings for the "real stuff" on ebay right now. I've seen it sell for as high as $40 for a 500ml bottle or as little as $15-20.
    Wow, that's getting up there. I still have 8 out of the 10 500ml bottles I got from Freestyle back in early 06. It was $11.99 back then, Adonal, which they are out of is only $2 more, so not too bad all in all. Maybe I will buy another 10 and be good for the rest of my career, LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin