I was trying out the wonders of Caffenol but with failure as a result.
Can someone tell me where I did wrong?
Here is the details:
- Tri-X rated at ISO 400
- Developed in 300 ml. water, 4 teaspoons of instant coffee and 2 teaspoons of washing soda
- Developed it for 30 minutes @ 68F
- Agitation: 1 minutes continuous, 10 sec. every minute.
- Washed the film with water
- Fixed it in Acidofix
- Washed in running water for 20 minutes
The negs came out VERY thin. All I could see in the film was a few highlights. The start of the film, which is exposed when loading and unloading the camera, was not black (as it was supposed to be) but light grey.
The film was, as I see it, heavily underdeveloped.
Please tell me where I went wrong....
PS.: I guess it's the punishment for messing 'round with other stuff than Hot Rod.