Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,419   Online: 783

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei Retro 100, or buy a bulk roll of Hp5+ and share it with her :-)
    Henrik Lauridsen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Arista premium 400 made in the USA.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Freestyle still has some Arista Premium 100 in 24 shot rolls. this is Plus-X or close. I wonder if a shorter roll will be better for an 8 year old? Quicker to move through the camera, easier to load on a reel. And it's a nice-looking film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ilford FP4+. Very forgiving, easy to work with, not so grainy that you can't make a decent enlargement off of 35mm with it. Develops well in just about anything.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I vote for Arista either 100 or 400. It is carried by Freestyle which is close to you and also does a big mail order business.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A second on the bulk HP5 route: daughter gets to use some quality material at a reasonable price (with the requisite oversight, of course), and Dad gets to do some black and white shooting with the "leftovers" (hopefully).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I feed my 6 year old son's Pentax point and shoot with ORWO UN54 that I cassette for him. This way he might only get 12 or 15 shots instead of 36 of the ants traveling over the pavement. We develop the film and paper in Caffenol which he loves helping to make by the spoonfull. This combination works well for us.

The smaller films also mean faster end results with less waste. Though I have noticed the more my boy uses the camera the more care he takes in taking the picture.
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 03-07-2012 at 02:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added extra paragraph.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    At that age does it really matter what film she uses?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! Looks like there are still quite a lot being made! This is a good thing in my mind...not sure what I would find.
    I think I'll start with some of that Arista - that would be cool if it really was Kodak film still - I didn't know with the shake up at Kodak if they would be offering films to Freestyle anymore or what. That will probably be the best bet, because they are pretty close. Hollywood is a bit of a drive, but I think Kat would really enjoy going down there to see a "real" camera store! Might make for a fun Dad/daughter trip one of these weekends here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Artista EDU Ultra. It looks good souped in Xtol or HC-110 (B)

http://freestylephoto.biz/190362-Ari...-35mm-x-36-exp.

The price is right too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin