Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,083   Online: 779

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foc View Post
    Yes we use D76 otherwise I wouldn't have replied to the OP.
    You mentioned Champion Promicrol in the link of my post, which is why I asked. Thanks for clarifying.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for your replies.

I have gotten more responses than I first imagined but it seems I may have found my man. Will keep all you others in mind if something extraordinary comes up.

Thank you, once again.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Why not do it yourself??

Shooter
    35mm
    Mentioned it briefly in an earlier post, but here it goes:

-Room-temperature varies. This causes the temperature of developer to lower in mid-developing. It´s hard getting consistant results this way. Did a test on the fixer which was about 20 degrees when I poured it in and 18 when I poured it out.
    -It takes time. Time that could be spent taking pictures.
    -Sometimes I have to travel home from overseas, just to develop films. Now I can ship them off instead and save the trip home.

So for me this is personally the best option.

foc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    You mentioned Champion Promicrol in the link of my post, which is why I asked. Thanks for clarifying.
    Yes I was trying out Promicrol for the last year to see what results I get from it but I was using this on my own films. Infact I am quite pleased with the results from Promicrol but it's still a work in progress.

Our customer's films are processed in D76 @ 1+1. I use D76 because how can you go wrong with it!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We really should start a full-service APUG lab. Everybody buys in for $100 to get the place fully outfitted, then the processing price goes to materials + some basic wage + s&h. All very transparent and easy to manage.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a small one-man lab in northern Sweden who probably can develop in D76 as well. I've sent a few rolls for C41 development there and haven't had any issues so far.

http://enbrabild.se/

Shooter
    Multi Format

An Antipodean Option..

Given that the OP specifies D-76,this is unlikely to find favor,but,I have to ask -why D-76 ?
    I am running a replenished XTOL line,and it really is a step-up from good old D-76 in any of the parameters that matter.
    And I used D76,diluted 1:1,for many years of pro use. When Kodak,in the days they had an R&D division,released XTOL, they also rated it,against D-76(invented in the 1920's,as a reliable developer for the emerging motion picture industry) as being clearly superior. In fact,they were like a dog with a new bone.

Nuts! -full strength ,seasoned developer ; better than my standard? Admittedly only compared with one emulsion (Neopan 400 ).And,it really is better.

The OP would have to send his film to New Zealand,..Hobbiton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin