Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,359   Online: 767

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Ian,
    Isn't Agfa 304 close to Ole's Quick Fix (OF-1)? Of course Agfa 304 looks like it's easier to brew up and probably works just as well. I had most of the stuff on hand to make Ole's fixer, but had to order some Ammonium Chloride. Should be here by tomorrow. I'm a KISS kind of person as long as the end product does what it's suppose to do and is on the cheap side, since I'm a Dutch kind of person also. JohnW
    Whoops, I just looked up Ole's and now see it's not close. Good thing I'm not a chemist for Eli Lily or Johnson & Johnson or there would be a lot of deadly pills out there. JohnW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The biggest practical difference is that Ole's quick fix is rather alkaline while Agfa 304 is acidic. There are pros and cons for either one and one has to pick whatever is more suitable.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    The biggest practical difference is that Ole's quick fix is rather alkaline while Agfa 304 is acidic. There are pros and cons for either one and one has to pick whatever is more suitable.
    Since I'm using some WD2D+ for some 4x5(Chinese) film I guess I'll go with Ole's. It should work just a well for paper I would presume? Plus, I have all the chems to make it up from scratch on the cheap side. JohnW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin