Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,764   Online: 862

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford Warmtone Glossy vs. J&C Polywarmtone

I am used to working with the Ilford warmtone papers but want to try to the J&C papers.

What can I expect ? I will be using dektol.

Thanks,
    david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using JandC warmtone for a couple of weeks, and have been happy with it. Look at my personal gallery for some examples with Neutol WA. I don't use dektol, so can't help you there. I have never used iford warmtone either. Sorry.

What I can tell you is that this paper is a bit softer on the contrast than most papers I've used (but it's the first warmtone paper I have ever used). It's not a big deal, though.

Wish I could help you more, but I'm sure someone here can fill the gaps.

André

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can expect a more rich print. The blacks can be deep, the whites are nice, and overall, in my experience, the tone is richer. In my opinion, it beats the Ilford WT if you want a rich warm tone look.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin