Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,877   Posts: 1,520,268   Online: 1148

Shooter
    35mm RF

Removing fixer precipitate

I used accordion bottles to store my fixer. However I left one bottle of used fixer in the bottle for too long and the fixer starts to coat the silverish black substance on the inner surface of the bottle. May I ask if there are any reagents to clean off the residue? I read that using bottle brush is the way to go but this is an accordion bottle, thus a bottle brush may not be the best tool. Inputs appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, toss the accordion bottles, don't even bother with cleaning them. They allow oxygen to penetrate the bottle. Many folks use recycled soda or water bottles, of course glass is better. I got rid of all my "air-evac" bottles some time ago, dont regret it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use plastic milk bottles or plastic Distilled Water bottles for fixer. If I get the ppt on the walls of a bottle it costs me nothing to dispose of them. My time spent cleaning them is just a waste to me!

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin