Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,527   Online: 990

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Images
    I'm just rolling it back and forth. This is the first time I I have gotten uneven development so I thought I was doing fine.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I always used dip & dunk tanks. Floating lids and plastic wrap kept the stop and fix solutions good. I kept the developer bottled. Never ever had a problem and always had consistent negs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, understand your frustration but it really will pass. When I did my first sheet film I tried a Beseler tube and it was an horrible. 2 sheets was all I tried and they ended up overlapping each other one time, next time there were streaks everywhere. Gave up and started using trays..did have some problems with little scratches, but tried too many films at once. Cut down the number of sheets and it has gotten better, then started doing stand development which for the most part has improved everything. Now I just have to watch while washing, because they float around and that emulsion is ssoofftt! Need to build a sheet film washer and that should improve things much more. Keep thinking about one of the Jobo tanks, but ....
    Mike C

Rambles

Images
    Good Evening, Mark,

Hope you won't give up on the drum approach. You've had a lot of good advice above. Use the drum on a motor base for consistency in agitation, use a water pre-wash for a couple of minutes before the developer, and use around ten to twelve ounces of solution. There's no reason you shouldn't have absolutely even development with virtually no problems, and it's a lot easier to work in room light than in the dark agitating in open trays.

Konical

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin