Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,404   Online: 902

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Film Dev Times (Fill in the blanks)

Hello guys.
    To simplify my life in the darkroom I have put together a page of the times of the two developers and the films I use. I have binders with all the information I get from the manufacturers' pdfs, film boxes and the Massive Dev Chart but to make it easier for me I put them together in a page a la Ilford.
    The films and E.I.'s I list are the ones I use regularly so far:
    Ilford PanF+, FP4+, HP5+, Delta 100-3200, Kodak Tri-X, T-MAX 100-400 and Agfa's APX 100. Unfortunately films like the Bergger, Fujis, Efkes, etc are not found at all around here (even though I have tried BRF 200).
    I use D-76 for general developing and Rodinal for that extra character. Even those two guys I have to order so I only concentrated on those (around here PQ Universal and Ilfosol S are easily bought in the stores but I don't like them).

Can you guys help me fill in the blanks?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a sheet similar to yours.

I doubt I can add something to yours...but here you go.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by modafoto; 11-16-2004 at 05:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Zipped the file to minimize the traffic on APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those not already aware of it, try the Massive Dev Chart at DigitalTruth:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Of course, as always, these are starter times - you will need to tweak them to fit your methods and equipment.

Cheers, Bob.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Bob F.]For those not already aware of it, try the Massive Dev Chart at DigitalTruth:

Of course, as always, these are starter times - you will need to tweak them to fit your methods and equipment.

Cheers, Bob

Boy, are you correct, Bob. I relied on that Web site's time recommendation (16 minutes) for developing Acros 100 in Microdol-X diluted 1:3 and my negatives were flat, showing insufficient contrast. I added 4 minutes and finally got great negatives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bob, the Mass Dev Chart is not an answer to everything as it doesn't list -ALL- the possible Film-EI-Developer-Dillution combinations and often skips some importand ones as it is the case with Tri-X 320. I've included all the ones I could find on my sheet if you were carefull to read the introduction and that's why I am trying to "fill in the blanks".
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just providing the link and a word of warning Aristotelis. Not everyone has heard of it, or knows where to find it.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Just providing the link and a word of warning Aristotelis. Not everyone has heard of it, or knows where to find it.

Cheers, Bob.
    I apologise if I misinterpret your post and showed a bit of "attitude".

Cheers indeed!
    a.
    www.arigram.gr

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found a strange and wonderful combination for MACO UP 100+: 4 minutes in FX-2, then 6 minutes in Pyrocat-HD 1:1:100. Better shadow definition (well - higher sensitivity, really) from the FX-2, with the enhanced highlight separation of Pyrocat-HD. Nicely stained negatives with a tonal scale long enough for POP, while still great for graded papers. It handled a shadowed mountainside with a sunlit glacier on top - without getting flat midtones. Details were super all across the range (18x24cm film, Symmar 240/420 lens at f:16).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, here's mine. Keep it in a plastic sleeve by the basement sink!
    Attached Files
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin