Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,089   Posts: 1,612,357   Online: 1211

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodak D-96A

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak D-96A

The formula for Kodak D-96A (with ascorbic acid and without hydroquinone) is widely published on the internet. However, I never saw it in my Kodak official publications. I wonder where is the printed source ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    one of the old Dataguides probably has it -- I have a couple downstairs but am too lazy to go look, but I bet it's there -- formulae for dozens of different developers are in there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the formula used to be on the Kodak web site, but I cannot find it right OTOMH.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    It is a MOTION Picture developer, I would guess it is in Module 15 on this page

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...2415_h2415.pdf
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. That is where I was looking but could not find it. The formulas have been updated since I last looked at them. They had 2 sets of developers for reversal MP, one set contained KSCN as solvent and the -A formulas used DTOD as chemical fogging agent.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    It is a MOTION Picture developer, I would guess it is in Module 15 on this page

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...2415_h2415.pdf
    Thanks ! -- But where is D-96A ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Table 15-6, page 19 by PDF count.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    They had 2 sets of developers for reversal MP, one set contained KSCN
    The "A" version seems to be a change to be compatible with the New Bleach. The older bleach contained more undesirable chemicals... Kodak Changed both the Plus-x and Tri-X reversal film, then said the older film will run OK but that Old plus-x gets a one step push with the new process. (they they canned all versions of Plus-x - go figure).

The film cans have the new process specified by just referring to the developer formula.

BTW, The lab in Toronto where I send my film just started to do reversal - and is using the new process. I innocently sent in a roll of FOMAPAN R-100 and got back 100 ft of STAIN. The lab offered me a credit for the processing and says that they can adjust the process "Next Time" But I am thinking my next movie making will be on 7222. There is still prints available with that lab, one of the few still doing 16mm prints.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charles;

The change from KSCN to DTOD has nothing to do with the bleach. Sorry.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Charles,

Who in Toronto is developing cine film (reversal), or anything else for that matter (besides Niagara)? I haven't used anyone there for a number of years, mostly due to shipping costs. I see that the B&W Film Factory site seems to have gone the way of all flesh.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin