Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,111   Online: 1042

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks Shesh,

For what i am using this gold for i can't use the bleaching technique.

I don't think i was a clear as i should have been when i started this question. There are two liquid gold toners available in my area Berg and Fotospeed. I was not aware of the Tetenal version, so i was trying to come up with a similar formula that could be mixed in advanced and used on the run as one can with those specific toners. Quick easy and a one stop shopping adventure.

The other major gold toners we have on hand but result in something quite different than what i need for this particular application.

I did check in the Morgan and Morgan Guide, but no Dupont formula., but i did find the Ilford ones and might give them a try.

thanks to all.

Gold Toner

Tim Rudman has an excellent formula in his Toning Book

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks, but am aware of this book as my students use it as a basic guide line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ann, I just looked at the fotospeed toner tips page and their discription of au20 gold toner produces the same effect as the formulary 231gold toner i.e. blue toneswhen used alone and red tones when used after sepia toning. I have also used the tetenal gold toner and it (if my memory serves me right) produced the same results. hope this is of some help.
    Best Regards
    Andy

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks Andy, i will revisit their spec sheet as i obviously missed that point ; which could have saved everyone

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    now i remember why i passed up the 231, it is not stable after mixing the working solution. However, i may mix up a batch and give it a try.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ann, good question,
    Shesh, thanks for a first class reply.
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin