Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 854

Shooter
    Medium Format

JOBO and Pyrocat-HD

I'm currently using XTOL with 120 Delta 400 and processing with JOBO. I'm looking to try a pyro developer with Delta 400 or perhaps another film. Anyone have experience with 120 Delta 400 and Pyrocat-HD in a JOBO? I have read a couple of paper in which rotary processing with pyro is not recommended due to uneven or streaking development. Any experience is this regard? Also interested in starting development times and need for pre-wash with this film/developer combo?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well went to a workshop where Per Volquartz provided the Rollo Pyro.

There were probably 8-12 runs done in rotary fashion and at least I had not used a pyro before, I'm betting there were others too. We each did our own films. No problems.

Recently started using WD2D+ in my JOBO and seems to work great. As I remember the directions say if there is any unevenness increase agitation so it seems to me that a JOBO is a good match for at least these two developers.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Rollo Pyro is the recommended sauce for rotary processing. Oxidation quickly takes a toll on pyrogallol developers. Search posts on this section of the forum for more information. This topic comes up from time to time.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What they said. Rollo Pyro is recommended to rotary processing.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used this combo. Works great, in fact I switched from rollo-pyro to pyrocat hd with zero problems in the jobo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pyrocat HD works very well in JOBO processor. I am getting consistent results. I see no reason to switch to Rollo at this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One reason Sandy King came up with Pyrocat HD was the uneven development of some other Pyro developers in rotary processors.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin