Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,506   Online: 695

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Try measuring 18.5 ml of Ilford HC (1+31) (sorry Morten, still resisting the militia) in a 50 ml graduate for 120 film or 20.3ml for 2 spools of 35mm!
    :rolleyes:
    Yes a syringe is definitly the way to go!
    Now that can be a chore, and if it happens to be a little on the cool side -

I have been using Rodinal in tanks and trays for the past year or so and at 1:100 you have to wonder if it could work at all...but it does, anywhere from 5ml of R to 500ml of water, to 12 ml of R to 1200ml of water. I also, like to rinse out the graduate - seems like there is so little developer there, but boy does it work.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1+200 rodinal works as well for standing development
    2 ml Rodinal + 400 ml water
    APX 100... agitate the first minute and go buy a pizza
    Come back 2 or 3 hours later, fix, wash, dry, voila!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Interesting thread, never thought about a syringe... I just use 12ml Rodinal to 600ml water. I measure them separately, then add the Rodinal to the water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey All!

There is a really simple solution...go to almost any store (WalMart, Kmart, Walgreens, etc) and look for the section that carries meds for babies. There are rubber bulbed eye droppers and these things that look like small plastic test tubes with a lip on it (so the babe can drink the kiddie tylenol). These things are perfect for measuring Rodinal!
    I put the appropriate amount of water into my cylinder, then add the rodinal to that. I 'suck up' some of the water from the cylinder and squirt it into the test tube thing-y. then dump it back into the cylinder (to get every drop)!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Try measuring 18.5 ml of Ilford HC (1+31) (sorry Morten, still resisting the militia)...
    It's ok. I use Kodak HC-110 (the same as Ilford's I suppose) too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    It's ok. I use Kodak HC-110 (the same as Ilford's I suppose) too!
    Morten your supposed to reply that "resistance is futile" but you may be mistakien for something from DR Who

My vote is using a syringe from a vet which they are usually happy to let you have either free or for a few pence / cents. Also I love it when I go into the vets reception and get asked in front of everyone are you here for your pets or you this time?

Images
    I have a nice 20cc glass syringe that a friend who worked in a lab gave me years ago. It's great. Accurate, easy to use and clean.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try not to make things harder than they really are. Rodinal gives dilutions in an additive notation, ie 1+50. Not 1-50 or 1:50. For each 50 ml of water ADD 1 ml of the good stuff. Make it easy on yourself and use increments of 50 ml if you want to use the 1+50 dilution. 500 ml water plus 10 ml Rodinal equals the 1+50 dilution. Piece o' cake!
    Have fun.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I get a small graduate, put 9ml of Rodinal in it and the, out that into a 1 ltr graduate. Then, I measure 9ml of water into the small graduate and then pour that into the larger graduate. Then, I repeat that 49 more times. I then have a 1:50 mixture of Rodinal working solution. Of course, the temp will have varied by then so I dump it all out and repeat until it's exactly 68 deg. By that time, my film has aged to the point of having achieved physical development and fogged to the point where a high-energy developer like Rodinal is no longer the right choice. So, I brew a pot of coffee and develop it in that with a handful of benetriazole. I ma combine it with an XTOL-like soupd, so I will squeeze some orange juice into the tank.

-Mike

Or, you can just neasure 9ml of Rodinal into a small graduate and then pour it into 450ml of water at the right temp and be done with it.

Images
    The raptor signs say 1+50. That means one part of stock + 50 parts of water. That's easy to do. 9 ml of Rodinal + 450 ml or 10 + 500 and throw away what you don't need. If you don't want to waste even 1 ml, the amount of Rodinal concentrate is 1/51 times the amount of developer you want to mix and the rest is water.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin