Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,363   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Dirk - San

will you be offering any black and white fibre papers in the future that may be different from the offerings based out of Europe. I would be very interested to sample different brands.

PJC

Greetings,

It sure would be nice if there was another source for the Fuji QuickChange system - are you listening Dirk - San.

I'm the guy that that wrote the article on f32 that David posted a link for. I have a number of QuickChange cartridges and reload them often. I also have some older Grafmatics, but the QuickChange system is lighter and much more flexible. The only sources I'm aware of (and some of these may no longer carry it) are Badger, Photo Habitat & Robert White, having another source, especially in the country of manufacture, would certainly be welcome.

Regards, Pete

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello again,

sorry for not replying earlier. I had to do some research on the things you mentioned, do a job interview, and sleep a little.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    QuickChange is different from QuickLoad.
    Thanks David, I had actually never heard of QuickChange, but I realised I had seen it in the shops before never realising what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by PJC
    Greetings, It sure would be nice if there was another source for the Fuji QuickChange system - are you listening Dirk - San.
    Yes, I have been into town yesterday and had a closer look. I have been told that QC is only available for positive films. Can you confirm that? The ones I spotted readily available were good ol' Velvia 50 RVP and Provia 100F (RDP III). But they don't come cheap (see store site). Plus the bulky package may add a little more to the postage. I have to see if I can find a better price for those. What price would you expect, reasonably?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Dirk - San
    will you be offering any black and white fibre papers in the future that may be different from the offerings based out of Europe. I would be very interested to sample different brands.
    Absolutely! I am also very interested in the papers. I have just finished getting myself through the assortment of films. The other day I stumbled into the paper section, a bewildering array of unknown Fuji, Oriental and something called Gekko. I have to see what is what and will concentrate on the fibre stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    Any chance of getting Velvia 100 in 120 or 220 sizes?
    I have added what you asked to the selection, please have a look.

Also, does the Acros 4x5 contain the same hole in the corner as the QuickLoad version?
    Yes, the hole in the Acros seems a common thing. It is definitely on the boxes showing the code and I even made it part of the ambitious logo of my store ;-)

One more thing: I pass on postage charges strictly at cost. Been "eBayed" a few times too many on that and hated it. The postage charge printed on the package should really match the amount that the shop quotes to you when switched to Yen. I have yet to figure out all the exact weights of things, so I have to estimate a little at this point (so far to the customer's advantage). If there is an unacceptable discrepancy, say more than $1-2, let me know (although chances are I have already noticed it anyway) and I will compensate for it on your next order or similar. So over the next few weeks this should get a lot more precise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One more request: does Fuji make their 400 or 1600 speed black and white film in sheet sizes?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    One more request: does Fuji make their 400 or 1600 speed black and white film in sheet sizes?
    Not to my knowledge. I wish they would, because then I would be using it. Stuck with Tri-X and TMax (and maybe HP5; either way, ironic in the land of Fuji) for the moment as readily available faster sheet films.

Of course one could consider Acros and a developer combination that makes it faster (Diafine?), but I have no experience in that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, any chance of the 1600 speed film in 120 or 220 sizes?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    OK, any chance of the 1600 speed film in 120 or 220 sizes?
    Only in 100 and 400. Is that available to you? The 400 should be quite pushable, have you tried?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I generally haven't had much luck pushing film. I just don't care for the higher contrast and the lack of shadow detail I tend to get. I find I generally have my best luck with most film at half the rated speed. A 1600 (800) speed film in my Mamiya 7 would be a killer handheld combination. This film in 4x5 would also be good for stopping the effects of wind. Someday maybe - I hope.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think many of us feel the same, Larry.

It is a real shame that higher speed films are unavailable in larger formats, because there in particular grain would not be an issue. But here we are, having to contend with what's left out there

This probably doesn't belong on this thread, really, so I apologize. For info, I regularly shoot 35mm Acros at EI 100 developed in Acufine and like the results. I tried at EI 200, but lost too much shadow detail. Since I think Acros should really at about EI 32 - 50, the Acufine combination is giving me about a one real f stop speed increase with a great tonal range.
    Take care,
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin