Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,657   Posts: 1,481,413   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

HC110 Large-Batch Reuse

I am processing 4x5 film in (FP4+, HP5+) 64 0z. open tanks (on stainless hangers with lift/tilt agitation) in the dark in HC110 Diliution B. How many sheets of 4x5 film can I process before having to adjust development times? If so, how much do increase the time per sheet or sheets?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim:

Welcome to APUG.

Do I assume correctly that you are not using a replenishment regime?

Kodak's J-24 data sheet recommends either using a replenishment regime or using the developer to capacity, without adjustment of time.

If you are using it without replenishment, J-24 says 80 4x5's per US gallon or 20 4x5's per liter of dilution B developer.

In case you don't have it, here is J-24: http://wwwcaen.kodak.com/global/en/p...bs/j24/j24.pdf

FWIW, there are a number of threads here on APUG that discuss the discontinuance of HC110 replenisher and using HC-110 to replenish itself.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Jim and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Thanks, I am not using a repelnisher; however, will check out the threads on how to use HC110 as a replensiher itself. It's good to know it's good for 80 sheets w/o replenishment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin