Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,531   Posts: 1,543,974   Online: 1081

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I feel the buyers of black and white film and paper are obviously aware of the "benefits" of digital and choose not to use it. So those of us that use it will continue to do so. What I fear is when those start dying off will the younger generation continue to pick it up? That is the question.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    21st of December 2012. Nibiru is coming... :-D
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Make your own. People are doing it now.
    http://thelightfarm.com/cgi-bin/html...tent=04Apr2012

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My guess is that after 2018, film will be difficult to buy and at a prohibitive price. But as has been suggested by CGW perhaps we should start a book and the winner collects the contents of one of Wildbill's freezer.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    No but horse riding equipment is. Granted, there's a difference - horse tack is relatively easily made by a single craftsman who can work leather and rivet. Film, not so much. Still I think black and white will be around a long time, maybe indefinitely. I'll get into wet plate if it isn't.
    Should the day come, please consider dry plate. Easier, cheaper, safer than wet plate. Probably less skill required than for tack making, not to mention blacksmithing! And making film is only a bit more complicated than dry plate. I make my own film and love doing it, but in all truth, I think commercial film will be around for a good long time (at least b&w.) Between the excellent prospects for commercial and the guaranteed potential for diy, there's no excuse for pessimism.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There are about 195 other countries then the USA, can't take the sheep herd behavior of Americans and extrapolatenit to the rest of the globe. There's enough demand to cause Jobo to start making processors again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those of us who want to shoot color may be SOL soon. Hopefully not TOO soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think black and white film will still be available long after everyone here isn't.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I think black and white film will still be available long after everyone here isn't.
    I hope you are right.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ...but at what date in the future will I not be able to buy 35mm or 120 film in colour or black & white? Any guesses?
    When gasoline powered cars and coal-fired power plants and all those other nasty things go away, I would start to get worried.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin