Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,508   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe View Post
    I remember when it was 99¢ a roll! Didn't think anything of it, using it as a test roll for loading new/used TLS, etc. I switched to 95% Rollei films now though. If I'm going to pay a higher price for a roll of film, I want an equally higher quality product.
    Not that your username belies any bias...

But I don't think I have ever heard a complaint about the quality of Kodak products.

I am of the opinion that Kodak are the highest quality and most consistent of any photo products.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ridyard View Post
    Tri-X, which has been selling for $3.99 for ages at B&H, is now listed at $4.50 (135/36 exp). You can still purchase it at $3.99 a roll, but this is a discounted price while supplies last. I just stocked up.
    It's $6.99 at Henry's in Toronto, Canada, plus 13% HST, consider yourself lucky you can get it for $4.50......
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Not that your username belies any bias...

But I don't think I have ever heard a complaint about the quality of Kodak products.

I am of the opinion that Kodak are the highest quality and most consistent of any photo products.
    No, I never had a complaint with Tri-X. In fact, when living in CT, Tri-X & X-Tol was my favorite
    combination. But that was about 13 years ago. The correlation of price-to-quality, is that if I'm going
    to pay $5 or more per roll, I'll use Rolleipan films.

In testing, I've found them to be consistently higher quality results from my Rolleiflex TLRs, Mamiya 645Pro,
    or Nikon N90s, over Tri-X. I still keep Tri-X in the freezer, as well as a couple of bricks of APX 25.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin