Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,716   Online: 791
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    33
    Images
    30

    Tri-X price increase

    Tri-X, which has been selling for $3.99 for ages at B&H, is now listed at $4.50 (135/36 exp). You can still purchase it at $3.99 a roll, but this is a discounted price while supplies last. I just stocked up.

  2. #2
    jesterthejedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    62
    I was rummaging through old issues of Shutterbug and saw the film prices from 5 to 10 years back, shame on inflation and our perpetual debt beholden dollar.

  3. #3
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,486
    Images
    20
    Tried to order some 120 from Samy's the other day to take advantage of a discount coupon, and they were down to three rolls.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  4. #4
    CGW
    CGW is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterthejedi View Post
    I was rummaging through old issues of Shutterbug and saw the film prices from 5 to 10 years back, shame on inflation and our perpetual debt beholden dollar.
    Who said film photography would be cheap? Nothing to do with demand?

    Tri-X 120 was $2.39 in 1995...

    Pay the price or take your chances scrounging for expired film.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    137
    Images
    18
    Not sure if I'll stock up or not. I usually prefer 24 exposure cartridges. It takes long enough to shoot an entire roll of 35 as it is.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    Not sure if I'll stock up or not. I usually prefer 24 exposure cartridges. It takes long enough to shoot an entire roll of 35 as it is.
    I know what you mean. I have using 120 on my RB67 which is only 10 exposure.

    Jeff

  7. #7
    fotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE WI- USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Who said film photography would be cheap? Nothing to do with demand?

    Tri-X 120 was $2.39 in 1995...

    Pay the price or take your chances scrounging for expired film.
    The price of Gas in 1995 was $1.15, makes film look downright cheap.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    The price of Gas in 1995 was $1.15, makes film look downright cheap.
    In Dallas, petrol stayed under $1 a gallon until ~2000/2001. And then it went up.

  9. #9
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,486
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Tried to order some 120 from Samy's the other day to take advantage of a discount coupon, and they were down to three rolls.
    Got an e-mail that it's back in stock and they were down to 4 rolls of TX 120 again, out of 4x5" TXP, which I could also use. Used the coupon to stock up on Delta 3200 120 instead.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  10. #10
    Rolleijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    I live at home.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    510
    Images
    4
    I remember when it was 99¢ a roll! Didn't think anything of it, using it as a test roll for loading new/used TLS, etc. I switched to 95% Rollei films now though. If I'm going to pay a higher price for a roll of film, I want an equally higher quality product.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin