Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,252   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thought I'd update the thread; bought a load of HP5 and now the light has become positively Mediterranean. Certainly missed the XP2 these last couple of days.

I guess I'd better order a few rolls of FP4; should make the sun go away in short order...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    XP2 certainly has excellent exposure latitude, especially toward overexposure, although there is noticeable deterioration in image quality with moderately large errors. I have less experience with HP-5, although I have some and I have done several sensitometry experiments with it. My conclusion is that HP5 also has excellent latitude, but it behaves a bit differently. You should have a good hit rate using the sunny 16 rule with HP-5. A light meter is a good investment in any case.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear A,

I too use the inherent light meter system I was born with and have developed over the years.... although I am very fortunate in being able to bracket with alacrity. Simply, HP5+ is a very forgiving film but XP2 Super does indeed have a wider latitude. A low cost light meter as per Ian's suggestion would seem a very logical and practical step.

Signing off on a very , very rare f22 500th day in the North West of England, thank you for using and valuing ILFORD Photo products.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, it's good to see you have found a way to carry on manufacturing the Ilford stuff at a time when so many others are falling by the wayside.

Sadly it looks as if this weekend may require HP5 rather than FP4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin