Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,266   Online: 979

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any guesses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any guesses?

I just bought this off of regretsy. Its a vintage Kodak Brownie Hawkeye (pre flash model 1949-1950). I contacted the owner, made a discounted offer, and they agreed. So I bought it. It came with an exposed roll of film inside.

Any guesses on what type of FILM it might be, and if you think its still viable for development?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails il_570xN.313358994.jpg  
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 04-10-2012 at 10:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it's part of a daylight loading development tank. If it is you're missing the top taht makes it light toght.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like the back of an old roll film camera to me but then I haven't seen all the processors out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Looks like it's part of a daylight loading development tank. If it is you're missing the top taht makes it light toght.

Ian
    Its actually a Brownie Hawkeye camera. The roll of film is inside. I guess the seller took the back off to take a picture. I'm hoping that the paper has stayed tight enough to keep at least a frame or two from being ruined.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    8mm/16mm film duplicator to 620?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would give it a shot. you should get something out of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess my original post was misleading and confusing. I bought a Brownie Hawkeye camera. This would be the front part of the camera, where the film gets loaded.

My question was about the film that's currently in the camera? Does anyone know what kind of film it is by looking at it, and if you think its viable for development?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I guess my original post was misleading and confusing. I bought a Brownie Hawkeye camera. This would be the front part of the camera, where the film gets loaded.

My question was about the film that's currently in the camera? Does anyone know what kind of film it is by looking at it, and if you think its viable for development?
    I'm thinking it is Kodak Tri-X, judging by the colors of the paper and the green printing.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go ahead and load the film onto a reel and lockit into a processing can. Then you can check the entire backing paper for indicators of what it possibly could be. If you still cannot figure it out, Rodinal 1+100 for one hour stand development at lower than normal temp should give a reasonable negative.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I take it you don't actually have the camera yet? When you get it, the roll of film should identify itself; i.e., the paper backing is labeled. It looks like a 620 roll of something.
    That can be processed on a 120 reel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin