Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,321   Online: 913

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've ordered from them several times and will continue to buy from them. Fast, accurate order fulfillment and a big range of products. What more can you ask?

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Freestyle is the best.

Great prices, great selection of items and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Dealing with the Freestyle staff is like a breath of fresh air after having put up with the other big store in LA for too long, where everyone has a serious attitude problem (and I am not talking about Calumet).

How can you beat Arista Premium 400? It's Tri-X for half the cost, except it comes in a red box, instead of a yellow one.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; 04-12-2012 at 12:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I love their customer service, yesterday I called them to talk about the new Arista Silver Artist Series paper, and the sales rep was extremely knowledgeable of this new product line and walked me through the visual, textural and technical abilities of it. There are not many companies that sell analog photography materials that have staff members who can talk to you about his/her impression of the material since they often have: used, touched, seen and have been trained on it; and can advise you in regards to their understanding of it. Kudos to Freestyle, great service!
    Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Placed my first order with Freestyle on Monday because B&H was closed. So far all of the communication from them looks great and the order is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Might be the beginning of a long relationship.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I used to order all my film and supplies through B&H, but I'm tired of them being closed eight months of the year (possible exaggeration).
    The main advantage of B&H here in the northeast is shipping--cheaper and basically next day delivery. Oddly, I have a Calumet store a few blocks away and hardly ever shop there--half the time they don't have what I want in stock (to be semi-fair, they're planning to move to a larger location soon).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 for Freestyle. Great choice, great service.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I live an hour away and with these gas prices it's cheaper to order by mail but now and then I love to go to the Hollywood store.

My daughter and I went once and filled the basket with everything to start developing our own film and have been doing so ever since.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    The main advantage of B&H here in the northeast is shipping--cheaper and basically next day delivery. Oddly, I have a Calumet store a few blocks away and hardly ever shop there--half the time they don't have what I want in stock (to be semi-fair, they're planning to move to a larger location soon).
    Yeah I get my order in 2 days with UPS ground from B&H, takes longer to get all the way here from California, but I have ordered from freestyle before and it was a good experience.

Closed eight months of the year? A definite exaggeration LJ. As you no doubt are aware, they are staffed by religious Jewish people who will not work OR fill internet orders when religious obligations intervene. Furthermore, they give plenty of warning when they will be closed so that customers have plenty of time to order what is needed. Finally, customer service is, IMO, on a par with Freestyle.

Back to the topic: Agree with everything about Freestyle. They are a great outfit who makes customer service a major priority.

I do indeed wish that they were a bit closer to B&H in cost for items including Ilford film.

It is encouraging to have at least two sources of supplies for almost everything needed....don't forget to include Formulary, Calumet, and others.... analog photographers can obtain everything they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Freestyle is the best.

Great prices, great selection of items and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Dealing with the Freestyle staff is like a breath of fresh air after having put up with the other big store in LA for too long, where everyone has a serious attitude problem (and I am not talking about Calumet).

How can you beat Arista Premium 400? It's Tri-X for half the cost, except it comes in a red box, instead of a yellow one.
    Harry: What an interesting post! Are you inferring that Freestyle is selling TriX that is rebadged?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin