Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,570   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Availability of materials-Freestyle

For years I thought of Freestyle in California a sort of a an "offbeat" supplier. Yesterday I received a new printed catalogue from them and was very impressed. They seem to be carrying everything you can think of in the way chemicals, not only Kodak but specialty suppliers materials not normally available in the USA like Moresch and replacement product/clones of discontinued Kodak product such as D76R and Microdol X . They have various kinds of black and white paper from small suppliers plus Ilford.

Judging from the catalogue they are simply making an honest effort to stock to stock everything that is manufactured today for film photography including color film.

I would really consider doing business there and shifting more to them as the bigger players seem to want to exit the market due to low volume.

I even got a nice email from them today explaining their business model.

For the record, I have no business affiliation with Freestyle but present this as a courtesy to those who might be having trouble finding supplies now or in the future. I think these people need to be supported.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You are preaching to the converted here. Many of us are already customers. And they are particularly strong in traditional darkroom supplies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1

Customer service and order accuracy are top notch as well, in my experience.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Not necessarily the cheapest, but I would rather get stuffs from them!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle. I have nothing but great things to say about them.

Never have they screwed up an order for me, and when I once had a problem with some photo paper, they fixed it quickly and without much fuss.
    I do try to purchase as much as I can locally, because I like to keep it local. But the stuff I can't get locally, I invariably try Freestyle for first.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been a freestyle customer since 1956. At that time, they were mostly a government and Hollywood surplus dealer, but they still carried a great variety of quality products at excellent prices. As time went on, they shifted toward professional and educational products direct from manufacturers. Prices went up, and they are still a bit higher than some other places - but that is what you expect for a store that stocks such a variety. Freestyle remains an outstanding supplier of photographic supplies.

Shooter
    35mm
    I placed my very first order through Freestyle on Monday and received it yesterday (Wednesday). I used to order all my film and supplies through B&H, but I'm tired of them being closed eight months of the year (possible exaggeration).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I placed my very first order through Freestyle on Monday and received it yesterday (Wednesday). I used to order all my film and supplies through B&H, but I'm tired of them being closed eight months of the year (possible exaggeration).
    Yeah, B&H closed too often, like now for instance. I need film! Freestyle is terrific.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love Freestyle. I live in Northern California. When I put in an order, on a Monday, I'll get it by Thursday. I've been using them since the 80's before the internet. I used to buy their expired film all the time. At one time, my favorite BW film was Arista which was Ilford film rebranded. Same with their BW papers too. I visited their store in LA one time and it was a funky in a fun way. One warning, don't bring your credit card. I'm like a junkie in a crack house there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been buying from them for years, always have great service. Their customer service department is second to none, go out of their way to help out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin