Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,447   Online: 787

Shooter
    35mm RF

Green and Magenta reflections on Adox Vario Classic VC FB??

Hi,

So i noticed after taking my prints out of the hot press that not only are they very statically charged they also have a green and magenta striped pattern when you stand at the right angle of reflection. Are the static and color related? Can I get rid of these reflections? Are they caused by the increased silver content of this paper?

- Nikanon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Is your hot press a roll based system ? May be you might clean the rolls and try again , may be there is a contamination at press ?

Umut

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I exclusively use this paper and dry mount all of my images.

I have never come across this problem.

Do you use a mount board over the surface of the print when in the press?

The only thing that I have heard of vaguely similar was a friend who used old selenium in a tray with raised grooves and very little toner and only rocked the dish in the direction of the grooves. This led to a faint banding on the paper with the ares that received sufficient toning having the characteristic selenium colour and the areas that received insufficient toning retaining the paper's slight green cast.

What I can confirm is that this paper requires:

1. A hard working developer with at least 3 minutes development.
    2. Frequent changes for the water stop.
    3. Two bath fixing with more frequent than normal discarding of bath A and always fresh bath B.

Can you post images?

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I assume you're using a dry mounting press. The static is normal. Is your press clean? Could you be getting a film of oil on your prints from somewhere? It doesn't sound like the paper's fault - do the prints show the pattern before you press them? You won't be able to eliminate the marks if they're caused by oil; if it's a chemical problem I can't comment.

Best,
    kevs.
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been a gazillion years since I've done any B&W printing so take this with a grain of salt... I'd have to agree with David's #3 suggestion. Worn out (weak/silver-saturated) fixer and insufficient fixing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin