Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,142   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Sal,

Yup

Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post

Maybe Helen can chime in and answer one question: do these papers contain optical brighteners?
    Hopefully, this will answer all of your questions:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4070/e4070.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I experiment further with the Adorama VC Matt surface paper, I can say that it does not work well for images with a lot of dark shadow tones/details. Very nice for higher key images, though. Tones beautifully.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Most paper (photographic or otherwise) that has brighteners will glow under a UV lamp. (ie a florescent lamp equipped with a "GE BLB" series bulb. before I retired, I looked after ordering photocopy paper for several hundred copiers and the amount of brightener seemed to be climing evry time a new product came out.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After trading some PMs with a fellow APUGer, I decided to try lacquering/spraying the Adorama Matt paper. This really improves the look of this paper and isn't too much trouble.

A few notes:

1) get it good and flat before you spray. After lacquering, it will stick to everything, including release paper. The stickiness subsides over several days. The obvious point, too, is that you can't spray evenly if it isn't flat! Some very small pieces of masking tape on the corners works well to hold it down.
    2) a luster spray works best. Two quick coats really take this paper into another world. Glossy sprays are crazy glossy, but if you like that look then rock on. I used Sureguard UV Lustre Spray ($18 locally) but Krylon makes a lustre spray for scrapbooking that is $7 at Michaels.
    3) the fact that this paper already has a bit of a sheen to it makes spraying much easier. I have sprayed matt inkjet papers (hot press) and it takes four or five coats to get any sheen, and that appears mostly in the shadows.
    4) you can mount and matt the print after a few days of curing, and then put it in a clear sleeve without sticking. If you sleeve it without the matt, you'll be making a new print! (see #1)
    5) you have to be very selective when you spray outdoors. Wait for a dry, still day. Even then you will probably get a hair or something that will drift onto the print. Let it dry for a while, then use the back of a fingernail or a toothpick to gently remove. You may have a tiny little spot there but it usually disappears with the next spray.

Have fun.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    As I experiment further with the Adorama VC Matt surface paper, I can say that it does not work well for images with a lot of dark shadow tones/details. Very nice for higher key images, though. Tones beautifully.

I kind of thought the matte paper is weak on deep shadow. Then I experimented with REVERSING the image and printing a negative image. It actually printed deep shadow (which was highlight before this reversal) very well. It was deep black after light selenium toning. Right now, I am not sure what to make of this result.

I took a macro photograph of the negative on light box so the paper itself was processed normally.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen,

Why are you linking us to Kodak Eudora paper?? I think the question was about Adorama's matte FB paper for B&W...
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin