Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,930   Online: 1015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always ask for my 35mm cans back when I get my film developed at a lab. This, of course, is provided they DON'T rip the tops off them..
    Places like those minilabs that have the leader retrievers and cut the film off the spindle without opening.. This way I can reload them without issue.
    I want to try to make a 35mm USB Flash drive one of these days though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a pal in archeology. and he asks for the spares I have every time we cross paths.

In his world there is nothing better for preserving and having some way to protect and catalog small artefacts than an empty 35mm film can.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have hundreds of those 120 spools. Maybe I can Ebay them? I remember my uncle threw out my grandfather old cigarette tins before he met my aunt. She told him that they were worth some cash. Cigarettes, film, we all have our vices

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    back in the 70's Kodak aluminum film cans were good for stashing your...um...er...funny, I can't remember what we used to put in them...

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I built a Minty Amp guitar amp out of a 35mm bulk tin instead of using an Altoids tin. Sounds a lot better in the film tin and goes right in the gig bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was given a pile of unexposed (still in shrink wrap bricks!) Agfa colour slide film that had come from a deceased person's freezer.

The film included paid processing, but the process was an Agfa proprietary process that hadn't been available for years.

The good thing though is that all of the cassettes were good quality with strong but removable clipped on caps, and each film was in a nice aluminum can.

The cassettes are perfect for bulk film. I nearly cried though as I removed and discarded all the film itself
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Where can i get the 120 film cans? I've only seen a plastic one on ebay once and got outbid. They would be real handy in the mts.
    Is Tmax PET base? TriX? thx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I make 120 sized containers by cutting the top off one 35mm can, the bottom off another and tape them together. Another (north american at least based) option is to make a habit of buying m&m's - the tube they come in is almost a perfect fit to store 120 in.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    120 containers are harder to find than I'd like, but I still have dozens of metal 35 cans, in painted steel as well as aluminum. The old Kodak ones are color coded by film stock, purple tops for Plus X, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just buy some ADOX 120 film from Freestyle, it comes in those nice black plastic containers. The other posters are right, these containers are great for holding exposed film in your bag. I have a kodak Panoram #1 which winds the film somewhat loosely, so I usually unload the camera in a changing bag and put the exposed roll into the black plastic can. It is better than having fogged film.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin