Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,979   Online: 968

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Those 35mm film cans

Those cool aluminum 35mm film cans are going for $5 each on ebay! We used to throw them away! Now they're all plastic.
    So now i'm wondering : should i save my old 120 film spools after putting on the dev reel? Save the 35mm opened film carts?
    save everything??

2-How come nobody puts 120 film in a can like 35mm plastic cans? They would be handy if you're in the outdoors, drop in creek,etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt the plastic cans will ever be worth much.

120 film on a PET base should be sold and kept in a plastic can to prevent light piping - Adox 120 film is certainly supplied in a plastic can.

Shooter
    35mm
    Years ago I used AGFA B&W which came in screw top cans but probably added to the cost so like all good things , it was stopped.

Francis in VT

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
    2-How come nobody puts 120 film in a can like 35mm plastic cans? They would be handy if you're in the outdoors, drop in creek,etc.
    Adox CHS film comes in black plastic canisters. The polyester film base is prone to light piping so they recommend keeping the film in the canisters. I use the oldo nes to carry 120 in the field, before and after exposure. Some people sell the black cannisters without an Adox logo on the top, also.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I use old aluminium film tubs a lot for traveling and have one on each of my 35mm camera straps to hold the next roll of film - But $5.00 each is is a joke and the seller should be left with them unsold

I like the USBthingie inserted in a 35mm cassette and will make a couple one evening soon - It is far more polite than some of the places I have suggested digital images be inserted - Don't ask, just wince

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I save my black plastic cans from Ilford for storing bulk loaded films, as the cassette tops can sometimes pop off when you don't want them to. A fellow I worked with made exploding toys with them. And they're good for tiny screws and other little parts. The plastic cans for 120 can be had at Freestyle, my MF bag always has a few.

I could see buying a few of the aluminum cans as keepsakes, if I'd grown up with them, especially if they had the labels still on them.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got hold of two such aluminum canisters when I collected miscellaneous equipment from someone who had passed away a while back. (no label)
    Really cool, albeit a little flimsy I think, very easy to create dents in the canisters.

Oh, 4 GB is a little small for a usb-unit the size of a 35mm cassette to be honest, if they were 32, 64 or 128 I would consider. (but cool idea)
    - my 64GB usb-stick is the same size as a regular usb-stick, so it should be no problem creating a high-capacity usb unit from a whole 35mm cassette. ^^
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have some of those Adox 120 canisters. They come in very handy at times.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find all sorts of uses for old film cans, be they aluminum or plastic. They are great for small parts, etc. 120 cans are rare enough so that I would gather a collection for use with film, when I wanted better protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin