Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,731   Posts: 1,670,330   Online: 936

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LPD 1:1 or straight, anyone replenishing one of these?

Came across a couple cans of LPD and would like to try it replenished. According to the can if I want a cooler outcome I need to use it at 1:1 or straight. Does anyone replenish with one of these two?

Thanks

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. Works great.

I make up the stock and store it in a wine box.

I mix the ratio solution I want and keep that working solution in a 1-liter bottle.

I run the stuff from the tray back into the bottle through a filter funnel then top up the working bottle with whatever ratio I please.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same as Mark, except for the wine box. I store stock solution in 8oz bottles.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark/Rick,

When you mix a gal are you mixing half of the gal 1:1 and reserving the other half gal for replenishing? At the end of printing session you are pouring the contents of the tray back into your 1:1 storage container then topping off the working solution with fresh 1:1 developer? If you needed 50ML to fill the container you're taking 25ML of the stock and mixing it 1:1 and adding that to the working bottle.

Thanks
    Last edited by mikebarger; 04-15-2012 at 07:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I mix the whole batch as stock a just make up 1-liter of working solution mixed to ratio.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is some useful information on this recent thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...helf-life.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mix the entire gallon and dilute enough at 1+1 to make one liter. I can then mix any ather dilution for warmer tones plus keep my working solutions topped off. There are specific directions for mixing to make stock solution plus replenisher, I believe it is 1/3 and 2/3, but I've never bothered with that. Those directions may be available on line.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, not hearing anything on replenishing straight, I'm going to come up with a plan and see how it works.

I think I'll mix the first can and reserve 2000ML as the working solution ( I generally use that much in the tray). Then the remainder of that can and the gallon from the second can I'll hold as the replenisher. The hard part will be determining how much replenisher to add to the working solution. I guess I'll try 30ML to start, topping off with the working solution from the tray as normal, and see how the working solution holds up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LPD is like the energizer bunny. I just keeps going and going.

For me replenishment to keep activity up isn't a consideration.

The biggest issue I have is what is lost with each run of paper; the paper carries away some every time.

I've never had it stop working, but eventually you simply get to a point where you don't have enough in the tray to cover properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here Mark. It especially gets used up with FB paper, really sucks up into the base. I currantly have a liter of 1+1 and a second liter of 1+4 for warm tone, I've been doing some portraits lately. The stock solution is stored in 250ml bottles for topping off my working solutions. My 1+1 solution has been in continuous service for over a year with this method, no signs of weakening.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin