Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,536   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

So what is the latest with Ilford?

Are they still producing or have the closed up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still producing (after the brief hiatus at the beginning of the receivership) last I heard.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just read something, maybe on another thread on this site. It was about an article or statement by Silverprint that an annoucement would be coming in Dec, and it was of a postive nature. Also mentioned they might be contracting out the chemical end of the division.

You might try the search function to find the specifics. I know i read this a few hours ago and i am almost 100% sure it was on this site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just read it too, it is called "Unofficial Ilford Update" and the news is quite good for film an paper, but apparently not for chemicals.

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I posted a few hours early - I tagged what I had just read on the end of an old thread...

Silverprint (http://www.silverprint.co.uk/) have the following in their news section:

" Look to an announcement in December regarding Ilford's future - and by this stage we can be sure that it will be good news.
    Ilford material is rolling in to us as usual, (6/11/04) and we are well stocked on film and paper - the exception is their chemistry, where manufacture is to be subcontracted out to an outside chemical manufacturer. Most Ilford chemicals are now out of stock and it will be December 04 at the earliest before supply is resumed. "

Which is interesting - but a bit of a nuisance about the chemicals....
    Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our local Ilford rep just got canned. Local photo shops now have to order directly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin