Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,129   Online: 878

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Non sticky,sticky stuff.

About 6 months ago I bought 50 rolls of tri-x 120,I also ordered a few rolls of Arista edu ultra 400,just to see what it was like.Tonight I took my pentax 645 out for its monthly shutter exercise and exposed a roll of edu 400,came back inside,took the film out of the camera,licked the sticky paper and put the spool on the table.About 5 seconds later I heard a whirring noise ,looked down and saw the film unwinding like a top!The "sticky" paper wasn't sticky,and it was only $1 cheaper than tri-xOh Well!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wow sorry to hear! Note to self, keep some masking tape around, when done with a 120 roll, add a strip for insurance, reguardless of brand. So sorry you have possibly flashed some film to teach me a good analog-life-skill....
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did the same thing the first time I used that type of film. A little further probing revealed that it's not lickable glue, you have to peel off a thin tab of paper for the self-adhesive to stick. Hope your film didn't get fogged too badly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the tabs on rolls of Fuji film. You pull a little flap open, wrap it around the roll and stick it to itself to seal the roll. They hold just as well as the lick-em-stick-em tabs on rolls of Kodak.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just developed it and the film looks like it came out of a holga.Kc2edh-I'll try another roll tonight,this time I'll look closer,thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I NEVER rely on the sticky tabs on 120 rolls. I use small rubber bands to hold them tight after exposing and drop the rolls into plastic carrying tubes labeled "exposed". Many of the newer films have "peel and stick" tabs tho, I still don't use those.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc2edh View Post
    I did the same thing the first time I used that type of film. A little further probing revealed that it's not lickable glue, you have to peel off a thin tab of paper for the self-adhesive to stick. Hope your film didn't get fogged too badly!
    You got it!Maybe I do need glasses after all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sticky or Not

Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    You got it!Maybe I do need glasses after all.
    I did the exact same thing but it took me a while to figure it out. I had probably exposed half a dozen rolls, securing them with rubber bands, when I finally noticed some of the outside covering coming loose from the stick-um underneath. My very first roll came undone just like yours.

Live and learn.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin