Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,734   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Pan F, too. And I'm developing a relationship with Acros as well. I can't wait to try it in Med Format.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In what soup do you develop FP4+ @ 64iso?
    I want to try some Rodinal 1-50 with that film to see if it can replace the non-available-around-here PanF+.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott,
    Same question as Ari: how do you soup the FP4 when you shoot at an EI of 64.
    And as a follow up: how does it compare at an EI of 64 as opposed to 125?

Ralph,
    Darned fine idea! Thanks for the tip

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I shot Delta 100 and FP4 back to back the other day and I personally prefer the FP4. It just seems a little bit more forgiving. Mind you I do like Delta 3200 over HP5 pushed. I just stock HP5 more because you've effectively got rating from 200iso to 6400iso in one roll of film.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Developing FP4+

My preferences are Rodinal 1:50 or PMK <pyro> 10+20+1000
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    In what soup do you develop FP4+ @ 64iso?
    I want to try some Rodinal 1-50 with that film to see if it can replace the non-available-around-here PanF+.
    Massive Development Chart ( http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html ) shows FP4+ shot @ 64 developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 21 minutes

This place (http://www.fotoinfo.com/info/filmtimes/ilfp4plus.html) shows it shot @ 50 and developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 6 minutes.

These might give you some places to start. I guess I'd be tempted to soup it 1:50 for 7 minutes or so as a starting point.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    FP4 is all I shoot now. My old fav was APX 100 but since they don't make it in 4x5 anymore I had to find a new film. My favorite soups are either HC110 dil B or PyroCat-HD. I rate it at 64asa for 4x5 and 125asa for minicam (35mm).

I've never been a big fan of the T-grain films. They just don't have the look I like. It's purely personal.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    FP4 is all I shoot now. My old fav was APX 100 but since they don't make it in 4x5 anymore I had to find a new film. My favorite soups are either HC110 dil B or PyroCat-HD. I rate it at 64asa for 4x5 and 125asa for minicam (35mm).

I've never been a big fan of the T-grain films. They just don't have the look I like. It's purely personal.
    Exactly the same for me. Used to be very keen on APX100, now mostly use FP4+, don't like T-grained film.
    The HC110 dil B is very good and convenient too.
    When I want higher accutance, I use Rodinal (1:50) with the FP4+.
    I also find ID11 very appealing with FP4+, if you don't mind the inconvenience of a powdered developer.

It's good to see you like it too, Kent. Nothing like loving a film enough to put the time in to get to know it well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I soup FP4+ @64 in Rodinal 1+100 for 15 mins at 20C. Invert for first 30 seconds and then invert once every 30 seconds.

For flexibility I find HP5+ rated between 200 and 1600 is a real work horse as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin