Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,140   Online: 871

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must have been typing while you were responding. Read my last paragraph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I must have been typing while you were responding. Read my last paragraph.
    Ten four.

Thanks, again, man.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    I had the same reservations Michael, and that's why I posed the question to Ron. I think most of us would agree that Ron's knowledge of photochemisty would surpass that of most of us. However, I called Formulary last year, and asked about the affect of TF5 on Azo papers developed in Amidol. The person who answered was unable to provide an answer, and until the affect was known, suggested that it would be best to eschew the use of TF5 when using such materials. Perhaps Ron would like to chime in again?
    I've been using TF5 with Azo and Amidol since TF5 first hit the market. No issues to report.
    John Bowen

Thanks John. I have ordered some for use with Lodima and Amidol. Appreciate the personal experience. However, have you had the opportunity to compare a print ( contemporaneously, side by side ) fixed in TF5 with one fixed in plain hypo? Just curious and realize that most of us would be unlikely to compare the "color" of prints fixed in several different fixers. Not trying to be difficult John...just wondering.

I guess not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd guess this was recommended for tmax film, as that film requires more fixing time in normal fixer, and switching the tf4/tf5 will save a great deal of time.

tf4 is also the magic bullet that stopped my pinhole problem with fomapan 100 sheets. tf4 works well for film and paper, but gets kinda stinky in big trays (>8x10), so the tf5 would be a better choice for big paper.

I buy it where shipping is affordable. I'm on the east coast, some that's often b&h or sometimes amazon.

I completely agree....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It took about 30 minutes to clear my film ... Tri-X and Delta 400.

So it works fine but takes a long time ... this was with normal agitation for the first 15 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This does not sound right. TF-5 is faster than that for Tri-X. Are you sure you used the correct dilution?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1 liter of TF-5 plus 3 liters water. I refilled the Tf-5 container three times, mixed into my normal, brown 1 gallon jug, to be sure I used all of the product.

I thought it was strange that it took so long. I figured 10 minutes with normal agitation. Will be doing another batch tonight and let you know if it's the same. Tonight's will be with Fomapan 100 and Neopan 400.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin