Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,753   Online: 916

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the fomapan after 15 minutes and it had cleared. I actually re-used the same fixer as last time.

I ended up leaving everything in the fixer for 30 minutes just to be on the safe side, but the need for 30' appears to have been a fluke.

My bottle didn't come with a separate info sheet but it has a lot of information on the back of the bottle. I like that you can re-use a liter of mixed fixer for between 15 and 20 rolls of film.

Hi all;

I just now tested the batch #1049 and #1052 the current on the shelf batch.
    Mixed as directed by instrcution sheet, except did not use distilled H2O, I used our well water.

The way that fix is tested at the Formulary for its activity, is as follows, and this is how it was done just a few minutes ago.

Get a roll of TriX film. Pull about 3 inches and cut from canister, Set timer, Emerse film strip in working solution fix. Agitate first 30 seconds,
    Watch film to see how long it takes to clear, when clear record time it took.

Today it took one minute and fifteen seconds to clear. For proper fix time please double clearing time. 2 1/2 min.
    Our instructions say 3-4. Working solution was only 54 degrees F.

Please if any body has any TF-4 or TF-5 that does not fit the above parameters, PLEASE ADVISE ME.
    I will refund your money, I will replace any defective product, we have been here doing this 34 years, we will make it right for you, but only if you tell US.
    Sorry TF-5 does not take 30 minutes to clear.
    Please send me a sample of the product you are using so we can do the above simple test here and find out what mite possibly be wrong. But only if you tell me and let me help you solve it.

Now we have Photo Engineer's blood pressure up and what good does that do?

Best to all and do it in the dark
    Bud

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bud.

I ran the tests with Rochester tap water and got 1 minute to clear.

The fix did not smell of ammonia. However, if you use a rinse of still water after development and run TF-5 to near exhaustion, it will smell like ammonia.

If it comes out of the bottle smelling of ammonia, I would contact the Forulary. The pH as mixed is about 6.5.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, Bud and Ron ...

Didn't mean to alarm anyone. I had just mixed the TF-5 when I used it the first time and it took so long to clear. Like I said, it worked better / faster last night. I'm satisfied with the product but will be happy to send you a sample if you'd like. Was just posting my experience because I was the OP on this thread. Was not trying to slight TF-5 in any way.

Thanks for taking so much care and interest in your product!

Best,
    Phil

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin