Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,182   Posts: 1,658,803   Online: 779

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I heard ISO 25 somewhere, too. I shot a whole roll at ISO 25 with an R72 and got nothing but blank film.

I did try a couple of shots at ISO 100 without a filter, and those turned out perfectly.

I'm going to try ISO 2 next time with the R72--I like to shoot with larger apertures and shorter shutter speeds. I think some have reported lower ISOs because of reciprocity failure.

Shooter
    35mm
    The kodak guide fo IR film gives 1/25 at f/8 for distant scenes and 1 sec. at f/22 or 1/10 at f/6.3 with kodak filter Nº 25 (A) and with no filter 1/50 at f/16, but this is for kodak infrared film, do not know if it's the same for the aura.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    The kodak guide fo IR film gives 1/25 at f/8 for distant scenes and 1 sec. at f/22 or 1/10 at f/6.3 with kodak filter Nº 25 (A) and with no filter 1/50 at f/16, but this is for kodak infrared film, do not know if it's the same for the aura.
    The Kodak IE film was singular - way more sensitive than anything else.

For anyone who wonders why there is so much uncertainty:
    1) the human eye cannot see into the IR range;
    2) almost all light meters are not sensitive to IR;
    3) the amount of IR present in ambient light varies considerably according to a number of factors which are difficult to analyze and predict;
    4) different subjects reflect different amounts of IR light, and it is hard to predict results; and
    5) different films have different amounts of IR sensitivity.

But it is fun to experiment!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I measure the ev of the green I want to affect at 320 iso. A very little trial and error gave me my times. At an ev of 9 with the B+W 092 it's f22.5 for about three minutes. At ev of 16 it's f22.5 for 25 seconds. It's fairly linear between these values. My go to developer for it is FX37, 1+3, 68 deg. in a Jobo, 5'15" to5'30". I use lots of the Aura...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin