Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,743   Online: 930

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are welcome!
    Polypan F holds reasonably well to at least 200 when the developer is right and You want to go there.

Good Luck!

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post

Sadly, my testing is going slower than Kodak's march towards obsoleting all of these films. By the time I figure out which ones I really want to concentrate on, odds are they won't be for sale any more

Duncan
    obsoleting!!!

Which wormhole in the dung heap of Amerikan abused English language did that slither from?

John

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Hi georg16nik,
    Thank you for Tasma link! Heard of them many years ago. How good their films are? Are you using any of them?
    In the past I used few rolls of soviet Svema 65 film and definitely it was one of the worst films I ever tried.
    Worst, is that interesting worst, or bad worst? - Some worst film is actually fun and if it is for 35mm use quality does not matter anyway - However, Svema sounds like something nasty

John

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Oh yeah, other caveats:
    -- I get the impression that quality control on the lab films is not quite as strict - after all if one frame has a tiny defect you'll never see it as the movie spins by at 24fps, whereas that could ruin your Pulitzer-prize-winning photo if it's used as still film. Duncan
    I've been making my way through a 400' roll of b/w cine film for a few years now (I shan't mention the manufacturer as it's only an unsupported opinion and the film was never intended for still use).
    I've sometimes found myself wondering whether the QC standard is as high as for the equivalent still stock, as seem to find small blemishes and imperfections in the emulsion more often than I'd expect to.
    The difference in the perf holes shape seems to give a slight variation in frame spacing that I don't get with still film.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    obsoleting!!!

Which wormhole in the dung heap of Amerikan abused English language did that slither from?

John
    Dunno - shows up as a verb in every online reference I look at.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is OT; but in modern English, with its lack of inflection, many nouns can be used as verbs. In this respect English grammer is closer to chinese than other western european languages.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eastman 5222 is nice stuff. I'm still working on my 400' spool. Delicious. I rate mine at 250 and do it in D-76 1:1. No time yet to try it in PMK, but I'm thinking it will work well with pyrogallol.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I posted some 100' spooled-down rolls of SO-331 and SO-379 in the for sale classifieds, if anyone else wants to play with them.

Duncan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin