Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,559   Posts: 1,573,291   Online: 959

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

T-Max developer - shelf life

Hi

I have some T-Max developer concentrate (1/5 of a bottle) that has turned pale yellow. Is it still ok for use or should I trash it?
    It's about a year old, and has been stored in darkness in the original bottle.

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Hi

I have some T-Max developer concentrate (1/5 of a bottle) that has turned pale yellow. Is it still ok for use or should I trash it?
    It's about a year old, and has been stored in darkness in the original bottle.

Morten
    I used some recently that was over 10 years old and it worked but I don't use it enough to decide whether it was still up to full strenth. I'm not overly fond of T-Max
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Images
    Good Morning, Morten,

T-Max developer concentrate seems to have a long life span. I'm careful to displace the oxygen in the bottle after pouring out enough for my immediate use, but I've used some that must have been around a year old. I've never noticed, however, any with a change of color.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I try to develop some rolls in it if I have some that are nopt that important. But I still have to head out and get some new stuff for the serious work

Morten

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin