Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,490   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 889

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    What's a fair price, then? EFKE KB25 and KB50 and Ilford PanF+ are selling for $5.49 at BH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I +1 the idea of letting people be hipsters... just keep the film around - we don't need to lose 120 film too.
    Btw, my plastic p.o.c isn't so crappy after all. I love some of the shots that I have taken with it!
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot one roll of this film, and the film rebates turned out quite dark. I had a lot of trouble spooling it, because of high friction between the film and the spool. (I don't know whether the film or the spool is to blame.) How can I tell if the film base actually is dark or if the film was fogged? It took me between five and ten minutes to get the film spooled properly and into the tank, and I discovered that after a few minutes in the film-loading closet I could see a very faint light leaking in where the ceiling meets the walls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just clicked on a few APUIG profiles and checked a few ages. After a quick and dirty calculation I see the average age of a typicall APUG user is 93. Film will die out when no one buys it any more. I don't think the typical APUGer is going to be the best candidate to future proof film long term...

Personally I think the more trendy, the more 'hip' (whatever it means) to youngsters, the better.

I'm perfectly fine with film being marketed as 'cool', 'with it', ''sick', 'bad', or whatever other youth fashionable labels that can be stuck on it.

Just make sure the kiddies buy the stuff. I don't care whether they know how to use it, just as long as they BUY IT.

They'll get old, cynical, pedantic and start arguing about DOF tables and agitation techniques soon enough....
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    After a quick and dirty calculation I see the average age of a typicall APUG user is 93.
    Eh??? Speak up!!! Damned youngsters.

Anyway...
    The NYT published this yesterday. Though they are obviously not a photography publication, their arts reporting is generally good, and they like the lomo-hipster trend. I just want films available for when these 93 year-old hands want to touch some real images.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's hard to argue with success
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As someone of the "lomography" age, I can definitely see the appeal. I have friends ask me all the time about my film cameras (an RB67 tends to attract attention in a classroom), and kids pine for the film they remember from childhood. I'm glad lomography makes it available (albeit at a premium), because it will keep people producing film for me to use in my "real" cameras.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am 17 and I love film!!
    So there you go, a youngster speaking up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film is awesome, I noticed the photographers that follow me on Facebook, started dusting off their film cameras once I started posting about how much I love it. So keep using it and try different film stock, why not? You might end up with a really amazing group of pictures!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I agree. I am experimenting with some cross processing right now and I love it!
    A lot of my friends are now shooting film cause they love what they see me doing, it's a pretty great medium.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin