Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,349   Online: 1149

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,
    Finaly developed one more film. Exposure index = 50. This time did Fomadon R09 1:50, 20C (68F), 8 minutes, agitation for first 30 secodns and then 2-3 "turnarounds" avery minute (basically followed Field's experiments / recommendations). I love result. I do not see that much difference from a "normal" bw film (except black roses).

Now I'm torturing myself why I did not buy more rolls from Field when they were cheaper..
    Last edited by vfalendysh; 05-12-2012 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vfalendysh View Post
    Hello,
    Finaly developed one more film. Exposure index = 50. This time did Fomadon R09 1:50, 20C (68F), 8 minutes, agitation for first 30 secodns and then 2-3 "turnarounds" avery minute (basically followed Field's experiments / recommendations). I love result. I do not see that much difference from a "normal" bw film (except black roses).

Now I'm torturing myself why I did not buy more rolls from Field when they were cheaper..
    Nice. Good starting times for my next few rolls as I'll use Rodinal.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Vfalendysh - Those are looking great, the portrait has great tonality!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Today, like almost every day since this film has arrived, it was gray and rainy, so I bulked about 10 frames, and while running errands with the kids I saw this water tower, it was surrounded by a chain link fence so I tried to stick my camera’s lens through one of the links, which I didn’t do so well (see left part), but since this was a test, I am not really concerned sharing something with such obvious technical issues, with that said, the photo is gorgeous in my estimation, the water tower looks almost exactly like you see in reality because it was a sliver structure with that neat black grime on the bottom. I thought I would share this since it shows how great this film can be (if only I could have framed the photo better). Camera Olympus XA, ASA 50, processed Xtol 1:1 (not replenished) 17:45, agitated 4 times for 10 seconds initially and every minute thereafter:

ps dont mind that fuzz that somehow got on my $canner....

Last edited by zsas; 05-12-2012 at 08:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Vfalendysh - Those are looking great, the portrait has great tonality!
    Yes, love the portrait one!
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for comments next step - find correct delution / timing for stand development. Looking at my first "experient" I think I will try something like r09 1:200 / 60 minutes.

Have to add one thing.. Picture were Taken with my now-favorite Mamiya ZE. Those little cameras the same as entire E series mamiya lenses are very underestimated. They are pretty rare to find but go for close to nothing.. 50mm f2 is really sharp and makes amazing foggy bokeh on full open.

Victor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From my experience, I think this film is close to an E.I. of 25. From the looks of the scans I have done I also think the film needs more development than normal. I haven't printed anything yet though. The first roll I shot was at 50 and it was not good... The second was at 25 and looks decent. No filters. I developed the two rolls I have shot so far in Edwal 10, 6m, 77º. I stuck another roll in a camera and will be exposing it at 12 just to see it. So far I think it is ok. I like the higher tones I am getting with it but the shadows are a bit of a mess... Very heavy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What bulk loaders do you use for this film, I'm new in using bulk film.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vfalendysh View Post
    Thank you for comments next step - find correct delution / timing for stand development. Looking at my first "experient" I think I will try something like r09 1:200 / 60 minutes.

Have to add one thing.. Picture were Taken with my now-favorite Mamiya ZE. Those little cameras the same as entire E series mamiya lenses are very underestimated. They are pretty rare to find but go for close to nothing.. 50mm f2 is really sharp and makes amazing foggy bokeh on full open.

Victor
    Very nice. I have a Mamiya 500TL with the 50/2.0. Cannot remember now how I got it! The battery cover is missing so no metering but the shutter being fully manual is a great thing. I have an M42/C-Yadapter to use this lens on my Contax SLRs. A good one for sure.

EDIT: I see my 50 is a different series of the Mamiya SLR lenses....still a goodie though!
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    What bulk loaders do you use for this film, I'm new in using bulk film.
    I don't think it matters. I have a really old Alden (Watson)

http://www.camerazealot.com/?p=289

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin