Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,590   Online: 1065

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast
    You are really nailing it. I got to develop and shoot some more stuff but it has been gloomy here!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I want to try some of this stuff but can't find any, is it tough to source?

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    loos as it may need twice the exposure and 10%less development.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    End result for me is 40asa 6 mins in replenished D76d first made up in 1985

The results in winter sunlight print easily at grade 2 on a Leitz V35 + Multigrade head

That is the easiest way for me to use it

John

I'll post more when my hard drive works. It sucks. I've taken a lot more picturess

Sourcing = impossible as far as I can tell. I've been looking into it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    I'll post more when my hard drive works. It sucks. I've taken a lot more picturess

Sourcing = impossible as far as I can tell. I've been looking into it.
    I would buy more. I'm about to soup up two more rolls - will post examples soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few more, shot at ISO 100, developed in ID11 (1+2) for 9:30 ... still overdeveloped. These were in a daaaark room. Used with a tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-5.jpg   Untitled-10.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried Rodinal 1:50, 68F, 7.5 minutes, agitate first 30 seconds, then 5 seconds every two minutes EI50. This turned out much better than my first batch which was overdeveloped (8 minutes with more agitation). I am feeling more confident that this film can be used in not only even lighting but also with harsh lighting (dark shadows). The negatives are so sharp. Test shots - the first one is of a banana pepper plant in a navy blue container in very harsh side lighting. The second one is of a grave marker. The usual disclaimers about image quality. A sharp, contrasty film, no doubt, but it can be tamed.

Tonight I will test if they are printable with traditional methods. I bet they are.

Thanks again Field!

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cinx22sm3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	53792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cinx8sm.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	53786
    Last edited by gkardmw; 07-11-2012 at 07:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

This stuff can be very sharp, or very dreamy. I find at lower shutter speeds the sharpness is diminished for me often. Maybe it is my hands, but I don't know! I usually pull of sharp pictures at lower shutter speeds (nothing too low, like 60th). Maybe it has more to do with DOF and focus. The film is designed for receiving a rather flat image, maybe that has something to do with it.

I just did EI100, rodinal 1:50 68*, at 5 minutes. It came out pretty good except my skills with my spotmeter in my OM4 have a little left to be desired. I only agitated it at the beginning, and in the middle. I also pre-soak like three times until it stops running pink when I dump the water. I wouldn't think that would change anything, but maybe it does... I mean my development time is much lower than yours! Yours look a bit better though.

Hm.

After playing around with rodinal 1:50 at 5 minutes, the negatives are minorly thin. Thing is printing turns out better at something close to grade 4, where as if I developed it longer I get stuck with higher contrast. If my intention was only to scan I'd probably increase development time a little bit, 15-30 seconds; but the lack of tonality in printing would bother me so right now I think I got it where I want. The grain at this level is super fine, hard to even see with grain focuser.

I guess for EI50 I'll do 1:100, and try to get that time down as well. I suspect 1:50 with EI200 or EI400 will work out, guessing maybe at 1.5 minute increases per stop. Got some testing to do...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin