Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,387   Online: 1108

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314
    Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Katie,

This film is too much for my mirror, so you can have it for it's cost plus postage from WA. I have emailed you via your website

It was a fun film for two and a half test rolls in my ancient Kodak Retina 119, but I can't see myself using it for real photography, Back to Ilford D100/D400 and Nikon Fs for the new Naked Portrait documentation with some of my last block of HIE from the freezer
    Last edited by John Austin; 12-29-2012 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    PS - The film has been handled in total darkness only. (I tried to open a cassette in red (ortho) light, but fifty years of darkroom conditioning won, I could not overcome the conditioning)

Also total darkness makes it easier for me to handle. When using ortho sheet film if I look at what I am doing my fingers get muddled up, a bit like the story of the centipede who, when asked how it kept its legs in sync' stopped, thought, and could not move his legs again. Sad story that one, but the parallel is there
    Last edited by John Austin; 12-29-2012 at 07:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Austin View Post
    PS - The film has been handled in total darkness only. (I tried to open a cassette in red (ortho) light, but fifty years of darkroom conditioning won, I could not overcome the conditioning)
    One of my favorite parts to this film is actually handling it under safelight. I've not had any issue with mine! I haven't even used a bulk loader with it - just pulled it out and spooled it up! I also love that its almost perfectly flat after development, making scanning rather easy ( for 35mm at least). I'll happily take all you have!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Shot some recently @50 w medium yellow filter and dev in Diafine, it was quite overexposed....back to the drawing board, will try some at 100 and 200 or so and dev in Diafine, gotta bracket more the next roll...
    Anyone printing negs for this film? I tried to print a neg I though looked good but the print was blah...
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been shooting it at 25 and developing in Rodinal 1-50. Nice results & just scans so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Cinerex 50 (EI25) 1-50 Blznl016.tif.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	589.2 KB 
ID:	64853
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-27-2013 at 12:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    In my test roll I ended up with 40 asa and 6 min in D76d (started in 1985 and replenished ever since, like me it continues to improve with age), Back to subject, the few prints I made were good for first work prints

(I sold my 300' to Kate as I could see no great advantage in running three 35mm film types, and am back to two)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everyone,
    As well as Katie I love this film and would like to buy whatever you may offer me.
    Please write me a PM.

Thanks
    Victor

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin