Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,703   Online: 833

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crabtree View Post
    As I'm sure you know, develpment controls the highlights, so you need to develop for a shorter time. Unfortunately, that may also mean you need a bit more exposure. My impression so far is that this film does not have excessive highlight contrast, so developer choice should not be fussy. It seems like it retains some highlight separation pretty far up the scale, but with a gentle shoulder.

Here is a snapshot of a bright red Chevy in contrasty light I took on my bicycle ride yesterday evening. It shows some of this film's characteristics (including some halation around the brightest reflections). 1/125 second at 5.6, which is becoming my standard exposure for this film in this type of light.

Very nice shot Mark.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a Leica Mini Zoom 35-70 Vario Elmar with DX Coding System. I have ordered the film from Field and I have some questions.
    I will load that film in to no DX Code empty basic black plastic film canisters. What would Leica register the ASA setting.
    I loved thar film at deep black 25 ASA setting.
    If my camera act 100 ASA and if I want 25 ASA look , what would I need to do with D76.?

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Do airport xray fog that film ? There was metallized bags at 80s , is it still available ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a 2 stop push then if it defaults to 100. if your compact has exposure compensation use it, most basic ones will have a button for 2 stop over exposure for things such as backlit subjects (sunsets with people in foreground).

Lead X-ray bags come in different grades, basic are lead lined plastic, best are multilayer lead woven into heavy ballistic style nylon. Manufactures grade them for protection from 200-800 speed films usually. This is for carry on protection only. Check in luggage or mail may get exposed to much higher levels which any bag can't protect against. Not alll mail is xrayed though and slow speeds will be affected less. What if a real worry is hand inspection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a roll spooled up in my Contax G2 using my 45 Planar. Shot some on the way to work, will try to finish it today or tiomorrow and soup it over the weekend. Shooting at 40 ASA but I often over-expose a stop for anything close to backlit.
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will try to shoot some this weekend as well. Got busy with yardwork, product photos, and some personal projects.

Can't wait to see what the 45 planar will do with it. I don't have any best in the world lenses anymore! I had one and it was splendid...

Orange filter vs. no filter OM2n 28mm f3.5 lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6222653...7629961032651/

That was at 6.75 in Tmax 1:4. Clearly no filter needs even more time... so far only the yellow filter seems worth using. I'm not sure how much to increase development for EI25 filterless, but everything is vastly blown out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Field, if the highlights are blown out, you need to reduce developement, not increase it; maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

I've been out of town for a couple days, but got a few shots while away. This is the Pleasants Power Station near Belmont W.Va., which was the site of the site of the Willow Island Disaster in 1978 .

1/60 @ 5.6 #12 filter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok I shot two short rolls of the Cinerex yesterday on a field trip with my son's 4th grade class to Angel Island in San Francisco bay.

As mentioned I shot it in my Contax G2 and used primarily the 45 Planar but also the 28 Biogon and 90 Sonnar. It was a bright, clear sunny day and I set the camera for 40 ASA but adjusted +2/3 to +1 to "over-expose" for anything close to being backlit.

Developed it just now in HC-110 dilution B at 20C for 5 min with 2x agitation every 30 seconds. It's hanging to dry right now but let me say this: contrast!!!! Crisp and sharp, sharp, sharp (with those lenses of course) but my god the negs look like they were etched in granite. Will scan some tonight. Fingers crossed on highlights being preserved.

Right now am thinking 50 ASA next time and perhaps HC-110 but dilution H and 6.5 min just to see how the contrast is tamed with more dilute developer and some pull back in time. Will see if this opinion stays after the scans later...
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin