Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,594   Online: 804

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    What do you guys think for Rodinal development times? +3 minutes over Tmax 1:4, with 1:50? I'm going to have to do some test clips instead of entire rolls I think... I keep taking some pictures I like or care about ha!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    What do you guys think for Rodinal development times? +3 minutes over Tmax 1:4, with 1:50? I'm going to have to do some test clips instead of entire rolls I think... I keep taking some pictures I like or care about ha!
    I have never used Rodinal, but just looking at the math by extrapolating data from the massive dev chart, you said previous that, "I'd say in the 5.75-6.00 minutes is PERFECT at EI25.", so when I find a film that is done at 6 mins in Tmax 1:4, that same film in Rodinal 1:50 would go for 9 mins. So at a quick back of the envelope, I think you are close thinking +3 mins from your established 5.5-6 min Tmax 1:4, would be close'ish, depending on the type of day, I think I would go towards longer if the day was overcast vs shorter for a bright day. But again, never used Rodinal so I am not much help except purely theoretical. By the way I got these extrapolated numbers by looking at Adox CHS 50 in Tmax 1:4 6 mins and when dev'd in Rodinal 1:50 it said 9. Rough math....but maybe a starter point?

Have a blast, this film is sure fun! You going to yellow filter it too?
    Andy

I lost some confidence when I looked at other comparrisons because the times started to change a lot more... haha oh well I'll just have to do it.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Today - I knew it was today, it had to be today, so dog Grub and I bounded along the forest track to the local post office, a room in a shed with a wooden set of pigeon holes for mail

Nothing!!! - There was nothing - There was lots of nothing, an absolute abundant cornucopia of nothing - No 5x4" DDS from Japan, no 5x4" film from my WA wholesaler, no cleaned 135mm Symmar, no repaired shutter from my 165mm Angulon, no free Olympus pen half frame camera to try for a still-film idea and no Agfa Cinerex - Just a sodding bank statement to tell me what I didn't want to know but did already - Anyway, we got a walk out of it between rain showers and dog Grub did a big poo

John
    Last edited by John Austin; 05-09-2012 at 03:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay - managed to spool up a roll and plan to test it today.

I'm on my second processing of rodinal.... It looks to be vastly superior choice to Tmax; using it at 1:50. Will report times and maybe get some scans in the next day or so...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just receive my film today so I know that it can travel outside of the USA! Some people were stating that the film works well in overcast days so in the PNW it should be a prime location for this. Will be using Rodinal as well (ooops in Canada we have to call it Blazinal)

1:50 at 68* try about 8.5-9 minute area. Agitate every 3 minutes. That is my initial run and it looks not too far off. I'm going to scan later so I can tell you if it was as on as the negs look (negs look much better than all the Tmax ones).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is what I come up with:

Those three were taken (accidentally) as ISO 400. Recently lost ISO dial plate from my OM1n and was trying to mark/match iso 50, 100 and 400 positions with other OM1n and forgot to return back to ISO 50..

Developed in Fomadon R09 / 1:100 / 60 minutes / 20c (68f), agitation for first 30 seconds, then stand for 59 1/2 min, then stop bath, kodak fixer for 8 minutes, zonal archival wash and kodak photo flo with 2-3 washes in between chemicals..

First part of the film was shoot as ISO 50 and those frame come up extremely overexposed. I tried to do my best manipulating brightens / contrast in photo editing app:

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vfalendysh View Post
    Here is what I come up with:

Those three were taken (accidentally) as ISO 400. Recently lost ISO dial plate from my OM1n and was trying to mark/match iso 50, 100 and 400 positions with other OM1n and forgot to return back to ISO 50..

Developed in Fomadon R09 / 1:100 / 60 minutes / 20c (68f), agitation for first 30 seconds, then stand for 59 1/2 min, then stop bath, kodak fixer for 8 minutes, zonal archival wash and kodak photo flo with 2-3 washes in between chemicals..

First part of the film was shoot as ISO 50 and those frame come up extremely overexposed. I tried to do my best manipulating brightens / contrast in photo editing app:
    Thanks for these tasters, I hope my roll comes with Friday's mail, and all the other things listed yesterday - Your pix make the film look nicely nasty, just what I want - The flare on the car window is perfect for my planned nasty snaps with my 1936 un-coated Retina-Xenar to be a foil the to the oh-so-perfect big prints from 10x8" negs through my 12 years older 36cm Heliar- The concern I have is that viewers may prefer the fast snapshot-doco of the naked portraits being made to the big prints themselves - But that is a chance I will take

(Next problem is where to show this work - Apart from my wife Rae's gallery near Pemberton Mountford Gallery I no longer plan to have any exhibitions in Australia - This is because my fine print sales are all going to Asia or South America with only one sale so far this year within Australia - Australians in general are too stupid and visually illiterate to understand photography)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin