Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,803   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eheldreth
    I have been using ilfosol-s for a while now and want to try something different. I have been thinking about rodinal or perhaps one of the pyro based developers and thought I would ask your opinion. In the past I have mainly shot on delta 100, though I am going to try FP4 and a perhaps Agfapan.

Since you've fiddled around with normal to high energy developer, try developing in ultra fine-grain developer such as Microdol-X or Perceptol.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eheldreth
    I think I'll try FP4 and APX100 with rodinal then. Thanks for your advise.
    You'll be happy. Welcome to the church!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    FP4 in Ilfosol-S is even better in MF - that's all I used when I did "commercial" work! The only reason I don't use Ilfosol-S now is that I don't use enough film to keep the supply fresh. It turned out I was the only one in Bergen who used it...
    What's special about Ilfosol-S apart that it comes in liquid form?
    I only use D-76 and Rodinal and I have to order them just for me in contrast with Ilfosol-S that is pleanty available around here. That and PQ Universal.
    I never really used them as the Internet pushed me more towards the above developers. The films I use are "traditional" grained TriX, HP5+, FP4+ in MF.

I would like to know if only to give Ilfosol-S a second chance.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Ilford-S and was happy with the results. Used on FP4, HP5, and all 3 Deltas. Switched to Ilford HC as it is concentrated (longer shelf life) since I have recently had to slow down on my photography (time demands, no worries).
    Also just bought my first bottle of Rodinal and processed some HP5 last night. Didn't have time for a real close inspection, but the negs looked good. The massive dev. chart suggested a time of 6 minutes while the paper from Agfa says 10 min. Couldn't make up my mind, so I did it for 7 minutes (1+25), 10 seconds agitation every minute. I think this has been covered, but any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    What's special about Ilfosol-S apart that it comes in liquid form?
    I only use D-76 and Rodinal and I have to order them just for me in contrast with Ilfosol-S that is pleanty available around here. That and PQ Universal.
    I never really used them as the Internet pushed me more towards the above developers. The films I use are "traditional" grained TriX, HP5+, FP4+ in MF.

I would like to know if only to give Ilfosol-S a second chance.
    I really like the fine grain look from Ilfosol-S. My only beef with it is that it loses potency so darned quick that you'd have to have a lot of exposed film to make using it worthwhile. I used it exclusively until I became one of the "converted" and started using Rodinal.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    I used it exclusively until I became one of the "converted" and started using Rodinal.
    Gooood girl, Jeanette! The church is pleased to see you follow the road to eternal happiness.

Cheers from His Graininess, High Priest and dr.rod. Morten DamkjŠr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My preferred developer is XTOL for everything apart from TMAX3200 (for which I use TMAX).
    Other developers I have used are ID-11/D76, TMAX and Rodinal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have used the following (homebrew) - D76 - D23 (straight and split) - PMK - Microdol X - PyrocatHD - and recently Mytol
    I am really excited about Mytol - I found a cheap source of Sodium Ascorbate -
    http://www.nowcatalog.com/0762.html
    the rest of the chemicals can be found at photoformulary, artcraft chemical or fotochem
    1 liter water
    60g Sodium Sulfite
    13g Sodium Ascorbate
    .15g Phenidone
    3g Sodium Bisulfite
    The fomula gives incredably tight grain - and unlike high solivent developers, it actually gives full film speed and maybe a little more. I think this will be my new roll film developer - same times and performance as XTOL
    Mixing my own chemicals gives me a great deal of control and much greater satisfaction in my work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ooze
    My preferred developer is XTOL for everything apart from TMAX3200 (for which I use TMAX).
    Other developers I have used are ID-11/D76, TMAX and Rodinal.
    XTOL is about to enter my darkroom and I will, of course, try to mix it with Rodinal as I have been told is a great thing to do...

Morten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin