Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,865   Online: 781

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Calbe N 113 is certainly very cheap, works out at $2.03 AUD including taxes.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Calbe N 113 is certainly very cheap, works out at $2.03 AUD including taxes.

Mick.
    You can buy Calbe N 113 under the name of Adox "Adotol konstant" too.
    Last edited by Bundesphotograph; 05-03-2012 at 08:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Moersch Fatman for the occasional darkroom printer!

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/30683-...A+B+C+Finisher

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a sealed but second hand 5L bottle of Ilford Multigrade a few years ago - I forget how long but at least 3, probably longer. Decanted into two glass and three plastic 1L bottles. Opened the last plastic bottle a few weeks ago - the concentrate was dark brown so I just poured it away. The contents of the glass bottle that I opened afterwards had only slight discoloration, and the developers works fine when diluted to working solution. Presumably the difference was an oxygen-proof seal on the glass bottle, but not the plastic one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There you are :X different replies,X different developers.
    Before you give up on Dektol,consider this :
    Mixing and storage are critical. For maximum storage, pre-boil the mixing water (reduces oxygen content).
    Dektol requires vigorous stirring, start with a small amount,dissolve it,add more,etc.
    Never shake the container -you will aerate the mix and introduce oxygen = short storage life.
    I use a power drill & agitator, but don't let that sucker spin near the top.
    Use PET soda bottles or glass. Let stand fully filled overnight & cap.
    Butane gas part-full bottles.
    If mixed developer is darker than a light brown - you made an error,as above,or the powder was bad to begin with.
    Diluted 1:2,good working soln will make good prints until the tray is empty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    John,
    What's your experience with that 30 day limit? I just mixed up a 4L batch (and decanted to smaller bottles) this weekend and went through ~20 sheets of 8x10 Emaks-888 (Nuance, etc). I mixed it 1:1 but after the first few test strips, decided I wanted more contrast. I started with about 600ml of 1:1, then added about 350ml of stock to boost contrast to where I wanted it. It looked nice, but I want to play with that combo some more before making any judgement on it. I was happy enough to want to continue working with it. I just hope I can use the same tray of developer when I get to turn the lights out again in 2 weeks.

Chris
    hey chris ..

i have left it in a tray for a long time before ... at least 2 weeks ..
    it was darkish, but worked fine. ole ( here on apug and the large format site )
    once posted that he left for a job, and came back 30 days later, and his tray was still good ...
    ( i wish i could find the thread ! )

i keep ansco130 even when it is black as coca cola ... it is a great developer for paper negatives
    and depending how black and how used, it can be a great film developer in that state as well ... ( dilute a little more )

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    As recommended above,Try some L.P.D.Lasts forever and thats just the half life!
    Yep, just about.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all for your replies. Internet browsing led me to the discovery that LPD comes as a powder as well as a concentrate. Given the cost of shipping, that seems like a good choice. Anyone know if there's a Canadian source for this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Thanks all for your replies. Internet browsing led me to the discovery that LPD comes as a powder as well as a concentrate. Given the cost of shipping, that seems like a good choice. Anyone know if there's a Canadian source for this?
    Will Freestyle ship it to Canada? It's not listed as ORMD. I don't know about their shipping costs except they recently offered some lower priced international shipping, I believe.

I really like LPD. Do note that the stock mixed from powder is less concentrated than the liquid concentrate. This isn't a problem or anything just important to keep in mind. Standard dilution from powder mixed stock is 1+2, while from liquid concentrate is 1+4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I may have seen some at Beau Photo - I'm unsure.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin