Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,728   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer
    The maximum contrast index used to be called "Gamma infinity" and was a theoretical asymptote of the curve of contrast index vs time of development.
    Huuumm, I am still using the old term. What is the modern term for Gamma Infinity?

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Huuumm, I am still using the old term. What is the modern term for Gamma Infinity?

Sandy
    Hey, I'm still wondering which part of the question he wanted us to answer.

good discussion BTW.
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    What I do find though is that once the concentrate has been openned and it's going through the brown colour changes it seems to improve.
    The maturing of Rodinal is very good. A photographer said to Black & White Photography that he never uses fresh Rodinal, but opens the bottle, pours a little amount of Rodinal out (so it is replaced by air) and then he lets it mature brfore using it.

"In the dungeons of Germany, Agfa has it's "Maturing Plant" for Rodinal. In 50 gallon oaken casks the Elixir is matured for 12 years"

Morten

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto

"In the dungeons of Germany, Agfa has it's "Maturing Plant" for Rodinal. In 50 gallon oaken casks the Elixir is matured for 12 years"

Morten
    To paraphrase Orson Wells, "we will serve no Rodinal before it's time".
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Morten,

[teasing]
    pah. Dungeons? I bet you don´t know where Rodinal is made... I even know someone knowing someone who makes that sacred liquor. ;-)
    [/teasing]

Look, thats the place:

http://www.stromberg-gymnasium.de/ru...03/agfa_03.htm

There, the spring of eternal shelf life:

http://www.stromberg-gymnasium.de/ru...03/agfa_05.jpg
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    To paraphrase Orson Wells, "we will serve no Rodinal before it's time".
    I'll let the gentlemen and ladies know, when the time has come to open up the bottle of 1987 Calbe/Orwo R 09. 1 litre glass bottle. A vintage port from the 80 ies should get along fine.

Too bad certain things do not stay as long as those, Foma LQN turned a nasty red-brown after just 5 years, not to mention Xtol...

Sorry, we are closing down for tea time.

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

Images
    The way to find out if the original posting was about seeing something unusual or something expected is to plot the results as contrast index or Gamma, whichever suits your fancy, against time of development. If you do not see a fairly rapid rise in contrast toward some maximum, then you have discovered a new blip in photographic science which we must investigate with all due alacrity. If you develop long enough, you will begin to see a decrease in contrast due to the build up of what the erudite among us call "fog" (and I hope you guys know I'm putting you on to some extent.)
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin