Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,225   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure where you got 5:30 from. The massive development chart and the Ilford info show 7 mins. The agitation regime is 5 inversions in the first 10 sec and then the same every minute thereafter

Always go to the manufacturer's instruction first. Ilford's specs are usually very accurate as you have found with your revised 7 mins.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It worked!!!

This is scanned in with no editing. I am really delighted!!!!! Inversions= 1 twiddling = 0

Can't believe I can do this now, such a simple thing after so long...
    Speed Graphic, Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Delta 400 is wonderful in any developer an you can get results as good as any lab, you've just got to keep trying-you'll get there quicker than you think.
    Told ya!That looks good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speeduk View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments and help. I dusted off the tank and tried another roll just now (it is drying). I changed my agitation method from twirling (using the stick thing) to inverting. I also increased my dev time from 5:30 to 7:00mins at 20 degrees. Negs look really good, will see....

Also I went on a website that give peoples different recipes:

http://filmdev.org/

This is a great site as you can see the pictures afterwards and judge if it is an outcome you like. Based on my research I have ordered some Kodak XTOL and std Kodak Fixer

I look fwd to seeing some great negs soon. Also, I can check the negs of my Rollei Vs my Mamiya to see if my Rollei sspeeds are off.

Cheers

Paul
    Thanks for the link, Paul. Very useful for someone like me, trying to see how Delta and HP5+ will work with HC-110.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Honestly speaking, i don't have any problem with all B&W films so far except Delta 3200, one day i will find which developer and what method i should follow to get decent results, i did tested 2 rolls only and all came out so grainy and look like underexposed about 1-1.5 stop even i was sure with the exposure and also the dev time and process, seems i think i must use another developer which is designed for very fast delta film.

Tried everything and far and away the best is DD-X or Xtol. D76 absolutely stinks although it worked well with previous iterations of Delta 400.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a medium format shooter as well. I have been using XTOL with Delta 400. Advantages are: I get an EI of 400 and very little grain. The development times for N- and N+ are only about 10% of normal development time. I use a JOBO processor and I'm getting a cost of about 12 cent per roll of development cost.
    I have also started using pyrocat-HD for which I think the development cost is less than 10 cent per roll, but I haven't run through the calculations yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The best images I've got with Delta 400 were exposed @ 100, I like it for landscapes doing it like this.

And processing in 24 degrees Xtol replenished, dev time is around 5 or so minutes, gentle minimal agitation per minute. Same routine with box speed didn't produce the same results. It wasn't simply a contrast contraction. It made the pictures quite 'shiny' so to describe it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Perhaps you also have an inaccurate thermometer? Cheap ones are often wildly inaccurate! I use a three inch Weston "Miroband", and calibrate it occasionally against a Kodak Process Thermometer.

I was very happy with Delta 400 in DD-X, used it at 400 speed to get slightly low contrast for scanning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin