Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,779   Online: 1014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hewes Products

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hewes Products

Has anyone ever dealt with Hewes Products via their website? I'm interested in purchasing some stainless film reels from them, but it seems difficult to communicate to them through email. Perhaps they are unusually busy right now. Any experience out there?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Have not dealt with them directly -- just through Freestyle. Good reels!

Vaughn

PS -- if you are in the UK, you might try calling them.
    Last edited by Vaughn; 05-09-2012 at 08:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Hewes stuff seems to be a side business at this point. Their main job seems to be running a pub/inn ! But they will get back to you and sell you whatever you need, if you're patient.

As the previous post said, if you need something standard like 35mm or 120 film reels, just go through one of the normal sellers. (I was buying long-roll 35mm stuff which is why I dealt with them directly. Nobody carries that any more!)

Duncan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll sit tight for a while. I'm not in a big hurry. I will contact Freestyle if I don't hear back. It would be a special order since the reels are special for the Jobo tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is the address to their website?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Google is our fiend...

http://www.hewes.co.uk/

I don't think that they have had the website for too long -- some broken links.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sent an email on 30 April and have not had a response - for Hewes reels for Jobo tanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had also inquired about Hewes reels for my jobo tanks, I did get a fairly prompt reply but when I asked for a quote to close the deal they never replied. Love their reels though and am content to work with the non-jobo ones I have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have dealt with Hewes direct a number of times, although probably not for 2 years now, and have never had a problem. They don't ramp up the shipping cost, and it generally works out cheaper than buying through resellers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Google is our fiend...
    I'm beginning to believe that these days...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin