Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,096   Online: 1070

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ir Photography

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Don,
    Nice picture!

No, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong by not controlling my temperature. I develop at whatever the temperature is in the room.
    If possible try contolling the developer temperature. You will get much more consistent results. Of course I know you know this!

If you are processing sheet film try processing in tubes. I've been doing a lot of semi-stand development and one of the nice side effects of this method is that a large volume of developer tends to have a more stable temperature gradient and is less temperature sensitive.

BTW, I'm using Unicolor print processing tubes which are easy to find on e-bay. The down side is that you are limited to fewer sheets per run.

Good luck,

Don

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a Jobo 3005/3006 tank with a Unicolor motor, so it's not really possible to control temperature very much. I don't think I've had inconsistent results. I do keep notes when I'm developing though, so if something goes wrong, I'll know what not to do next time.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow Don! You are hiding some great work! Don't be bashful about showing more.
    Gary Beasley

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin